PDA

View Full Version : tow bar

dazzy p
03-27-2015, 06:30 PM
had a few beers and was thinking has anyone ever fitted a towbar to a cappo would be an alternative to overloading your bike whilst two up camping with excessive amounts of gear ,as I say just a thought only as ive been offered a cracking bike trailer for decent money

haga lout
03-28-2015, 03:37 AM
had a few beers and was thinking has anyone ever fitted a towbar to a cappo would be an alternative to overloading your bike whilst two up camping with excessive amounts of gear ,as I say just a thought only as ive been offered a cracking bike trailer for decent money

You have had more than a few beers do not go on ebay now. As for towing a trailer I did it when working for pony express years ago up and down the motorway and they can be a bad thing and pull the bike all over the place at speed they are ok at 65 mph but today with all the potholes and trucks on the motorway not for me . And you allways take more gear than you need if it's becouse your two up get her to learn to ride and get a second bike then she can take the hair products

the_toe_cutter
03-28-2015, 04:30 AM
Or date a bald chick!

Tarks
03-28-2015, 05:39 AM
You could build a trailer for 150 its just giant mecano lol.

i've towed and I completely (rare this) agree with Geoff. They are no fun on a motorway but with pillion towing the bike has command below 50 quite comfortable. I would Imagine you would end up with the kitchen sink tho.

Fugazi
03-28-2015, 01:17 PM
I helped fit one to my brothers Wild Star some years ago. He didn't mind towing but the Wild Star weighted about 350 Kilo and handled like a stuck pig in any case. The only downside according to him was he could feel it pushing him on the brakes.

Precis
03-29-2015, 12:12 AM
I helped fit one to my brothers Wild Star some years ago. He didn't mind towing but the Wild Star weighted about 350 Kilo and handled like a stuck pig in any case. The only downside according to him was he could feel it pushing him on the brakes.

+1: I once owned a Guzzi California EV that had been written off by the previous owner: his trailer pushed him off te road, over an embankment and out of sight.
When he regained conciousness, he realised he'd lost his helmet and the engine was cold - he knew this as one cylinder was about an inch from his nose.
He had several fractures and spent some weeks in hospital.
Trailers? No thanks!
YMMV

haga lout
03-29-2015, 04:45 AM
The one I used at pony had brakes like a caravan when you braked the toe hitch slid back about 1/2 inch and put the trailer brakes on so no pushing but it used to wag like a dogs tail at speed

JohnG.
03-29-2015, 04:56 AM
+1: I once owned a Guzzi California EV that had been written off by the previous owner: his trailer pushed him off te road, over an embankment and out of sight.
When he regained conciousness, he realised he'd lost his helmet and the engine was cold - he knew this as one cylinder was about an inch from his nose.
He had several fractures and spent some weeks in hospital.
Trailers? No thanks!
YMMV

wife was always against the idea... for fear of being run over by it should we ever go down...

MamboItaliono
03-29-2015, 05:53 AM
We here are one of only two states in the entire US without a speed limit over 60mph, and only two small stretches of highway even achieved that maximum rating. So its all 55 or below here and we see a few on trikes and gold wings. For what I don't know, the island is only 50 miles at its widest...
Speaking of funny thoughts tonight, I was putting around thinking about how often I get called a white person these days. White privilege and all. Angelo-Saxon.... Hmm... Sounds like 'hang-low sacs-on'
Then, as is common, I told myself to shut up and leave thinking to better qualified people

shi_bumi
04-01-2015, 12:34 AM
This might help :banana: