PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Bars Highly Recommended

jamcam91
03-15-2015, 12:04 AM
Hi there,

Just thought id share my experience with a set of aftermarket bars ive fitted as I couldnt really find anything about them on here.
A while back I posted a thread asking if anyone had done this to their DD1200 as I was after some advice. Didnt get a return so I just went for it anyway.

Turns out its probably the best mod ive done to a bike, ever. The bars I chose were Protaper contour CR Mid and are about 15-20mm lower as well as a bit straighter and wider. I got rid of the handguards and wacked on some bar end mirrors and it feels like a whole new bike. Being lent further over the front wheel and lower to the ground in corners gives so much more confidence and gives the bike more of a naked/dragster feel.

Coming from a sportsbike I could never quite keep up with the other sportsbikes while riding the DD1200 but now its no worries at all.

I was also having some issues with a sore back on the dorso and now that seems to have gone away aswell.

In summary, aftermarket bars are a 10/10 mod and I wouldnt dream of going back to stock. A word of advice, if youre going to buy aftermarket bars, make sure the bend you choose has enough length in the actual handle part to mount controls and switches etc as the first set I bought were too short.

Conorian
03-15-2015, 03:12 AM
sweet :)

Treg
03-21-2015, 09:59 AM
I did the same and it's a different bike since...:)