PDA

View Full Version : Auction of bike workshop equipment

simonevs67
03-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Just came across this if there's anything of interest to anyone

http://www.johnpye.co.uk/project/public-auction-derby-motorcycle-servicing-repair-centre/

JohnG.
03-07-2015, 09:09 PM
be nice... just $$$ :D

Capoandrew
03-08-2015, 01:02 AM
Geez I wish I was closer, I would bid on a pile of it.

Nito
03-08-2015, 01:57 AM
Nice find...just went through all 26 pages (not all bike stuff)! Such a shame to see businesses fail. Looks like they gave it a decent go!

Crazy that you need to factor in nigh on 44% on top of the price you bid and a further 2.5% for card. I may have missed it but where is collection from? I only saw it say from showroom or premises of business but no mention where it is.

Those Dura cabinets...mmmm.

There's potentially some great buys, it'll be interesting to see what it goes for closer to the time.

cheers
Nito

Tarks
03-08-2015, 02:45 AM
Gutted when auctions like this come up and I have no man cave to tool up :/ Sooooon boys Soooon saving like mad to buy a new house with "man space" lol.

haga lout
03-08-2015, 03:56 AM
It's a shame when a prodgect folds I've had it happen to me in the past hope they move on to better things the ramps look top rate but charges are steep

JohnG.
03-08-2015, 05:38 AM
It's a shame when a prodgect folds I've had it happen to me in the past hope they move on to better things the ramps look top rate but charges are steep

Successful m/c shops these days really need enthusiasts with core business support to survive... like the little shop near me, they run a successful trucking business, the shop is for 'fun' to keep the race bikes in...workshop is spotless with all the gear,and Ive never seen a accessory section so well appointed.
http://www.tumutmotorcycles.com.au/

Tarks
03-08-2015, 06:00 AM
Marketing! No marketing no business these days its "almost" that simple

sloth
03-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Nice find...just went through all 26 pages (not all bike stuff)! Such a shame to see businesses fail. Looks like they gave it a decent go!

Crazy that you need to factor in nigh on 44% on top of the price you bid and a further 2.5% for card. I may have missed it but where is collection from? I only saw it say from showroom or premises of business but no mention where it is.

Those Dura cabinets...mmmm.

There's potentially some great buys, it'll be interesting to see what it goes for closer to the time.

cheers
Nito

It's all rather sad, isn't it?

The auctioneer is in Derby, and the letter stickers have been arranged to spell Derby, so I reckon it's there. Collection by 13/03 (I was looking at the pillar drill :) )

So much stuff there. Difficult to identify all the parts though. Any takers for the football shirt signed by Sven Goran Eriksson? ;)

northernkiwi
03-09-2015, 06:32 AM
174 aprilia airblade clear screen, any ideas as to what that may fit or be fitted to?