PDA

View Full Version : Butt approved

Locky
02-18-2015, 12:16 AM
It works.We had 3 days of early spring here and it got up to 15 and sunny so with sun and dry roads I spent the day riding.I'm not talking about the tooling around riding I mean nasty blasting away from lights riding looking for every corner and trying to push till you feel the tires starting to slip and get a chirp out of the tires at every stop,the I just got out of hibernation celebration sort of riding which the DD1200 does better than any other bike I have ever owned.When I got home after worrying about my low fuel light for about 10 min.and the shadows started to get long I realized for the first time after riding the DD for a tank of fuel my ass didn't hurt.I was cold tired and it was getting to be a pain holding the clutch at lights and my launches weren't as smooth but no sore ass.So I will say again it works.Thank you Alaska Leather......273181

NickW1
02-24-2015, 03:19 PM
Glad the seat panned out for you. I really like the Big Dorso but the seat just puts me off. So what you have is a custom made seat over your stock pan with sheep skin over that??

Locky
03-01-2015, 10:35 PM
I have the Aprilia gel seat which is better than the stock but still bad so after looking around I found a place call Alaskan Leather that sells sheepskin butt pads in different shapes I ordered the pillion 4 after measuring my seat and had them but a strap on the front.I didn't want to spend much because I have a spare seat from a 750 that I'm going to take a whack at upholstering myself.Another great feature of the sheepskin pad is you can put a piece of foam under it.I stuck a piece of a yoga mat cut to the same shape as the pad now the seat is heaven and you can't even see my cheap add on.