PDA

View Full Version : how bad does the bike run on poor petrol

trainman
01-09-2015, 04:35 PM
i think my local fuel station has either poor quality fuel or it has a high ethanol content, bike is very jerky nearly all the time if i use their stuff

can it be this bad or do i have another issue?

tfunk8360
02-25-2015, 02:46 PM
Look out for high eithenol fuels.because ethanol burns so fast,it will actually pre ignite because of the high compression.I actually blew ECU fuse from using Arco gas. It appears as though shell fuel works the best on my DD12

steve da pierat
03-01-2015, 05:43 AM
I run Rev X Adrenaline gas additive for that same reason...have had good luck running it.

thedude
03-24-2015, 07:09 PM
I have a similar but maybe unrelated problem. I bought a DD1200 with 5k miles on it in November. Haven't had any real issues until lately. Now when the bike is still cold I have poor throttle response around 5-7k rpm in every gear. Pulls fine until I hit that "flat spot". It's like it's misfiring. Once it's warmed up no problems at all. I have the aftermarket Arrow pipes and would assume some updated map. I plan to take it to AF1 this weekend and let them have a look. Perhaps just in need of an updated map? Anyone have a similar issue? Thanks!

trainman
03-25-2015, 03:12 PM
I have a similar but maybe unrelated problem. I bought a DD1200 with 5k miles on it in November. Haven't had any real issues until lately. Now when the bike is still cold I have poor throttle response around 5-7k rpm in every gear. Pulls fine until I hit that "flat spot". It's like it's misfiring. Once it's warmed up no problems at all. I have the aftermarket Arrow pipes and would assume some updated map. I plan to take it to AF1 this weekend and let them have a look. Perhaps just in need of an updated map? Anyone have a similar issue? Thanks!

do you still have an oxygen sensor in the pipe? they have a heater which if faulty can cause issues, of course it might also be a temp sensor in the engine, a hook up to the Aprilia test rig will tell.