PDA

View Full Version : Guard for the Oil Filter

rst1k
12-31-2014, 09:38 PM
Hey guys. I'm sure this has been talked about before but I have been having a tough time locating what parts I need, what I need to change, to get the oil filter housing/guard to fit properly. My DD12 is not ABS/ATC. It is a US model. If I remember correctly I need the ABS housing, and the ABS Downpipe for front head? Am I missing anything else? Thanks in advanced, and have a happy new year!

xactoman
01-01-2015, 07:17 PM
I think it's only three parts and some bolts. ABS bracket, chin fairing and front cylinder header pipe. Look at the parts list online. You can find ehat you need there. Hard part may be getting the header pipe in the U.S.

mc18
03-19-2015, 12:26 AM
I have the ABS bracket all the hardware and the chin fairing. You will need the header pipe for the parts to fit. I haven't looked for the header pipe yet.

jamcam91
03-20-2015, 01:24 AM
I have the 2011 non abs model aswell and mounted it using three little pieces of aluminium that I bought, cut and bent myself for a total of $8.50 from the hardware store. Used some pliers to give them the right bend and drilled some holes. Spray painted them black and used some bolts I had at home and it fits and looks fine.
Theres some photos of it in this thread ---- http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?303845-Aftermarket-Bars-Highly-Recommended

If you want I can take some more detailed photos of the holes I mounted it to on the bike. It was honestly a 30min job and saved me about AU$150-200 for all the gear.