PDA

View Full Version : New DD1200 guy here

Hamzeh
12-18-2014, 11:02 AM
Hello,

I'm getting my new 2013 Dorsoduro 1200 ABS/ATC next week, trading in my 2012 Shiver after 18k KM with the DD1200, I was looking to get a DD750 but after reading a lot of posts saying better to get the 1200 I changed my mind specially that I use my vespa GTS for the city commute.

Is there something should I know about the bike before riding it?

A guy advised me to change the oil directly when I get the bike (because it was there for one and a half year) is that true? do I need to change the oil before even use it?

Modifications:
Already got Evotech Full sliders kit.
Will get soon : Arrow Exhaust System with the map, DNA stage 2 Air filter, EvoTech Tidy Tail.

What about 15 tooth sprocket? what it really does?

Thanks guys.

trainman
12-21-2014, 04:52 PM
Hello,

I'm getting my new 2013 Dorsoduro 1200 ABS/ATC next week, trading in my 2012 Shiver after 18k KM with the DD1200, I was looking to get a DD750 but after reading a lot of posts saying better to get the 1200 I changed my mind specially that I use my vespa GTS for the city commute.

Is there something should I know about the bike before riding it?

A guy advised me to change the oil directly when I get the bike (because it was there for one and a half year) is that true? do I need to change the oil before even use it?

Modifications:
Already got Evotech Full sliders kit.
Will get soon : Arrow Exhaust System with the map, DNA stage 2 Air filter, EvoTech Tidy Tail.

What about 15 tooth sprocket? what it really does?

Thanks guys.

I think you made the right choice, gearbox and seat take some getting used to, and don't get too far from a gas station!

oil - how many miles did it do before laid up - if its dirty looking its not much to change and you will feel better for it - helps the clutch too

Locky
12-24-2014, 07:40 PM
I put the 15 tooth on my 2011 DD1200 and found it makes the bike better at pulling away from a stop especially if your on a hill.Stock gearing seems to high and around town at low speeds you have to spend to much time slipping it the clutch.It makes the bike a lot more traffic friendly to ride.I would change the oil to be sure after sitting that long.I use Motul 300 15-50 in mine and have used the 300 or 5100 in other bikes it's worth the money.I found a sale on Castrol syn. and tried it you could really feel the difference in how hard it was to shift plus the 300 coats the parts for start up.I'd also recommend the fat duc it's another product that does just what they claim.Enjoy your ride..

Hamzeh
01-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the advices guys, what a beautiful bike to ride LOVE IT!

Crazy one
01-30-2015, 03:17 PM
What's a fat duc and what does it do

Locky
02-03-2015, 06:01 PM
It's a small plug in wire that plugs inline of the O2 sensor and cpu and allows small changes in voltage so you can richen up the air fuel ratio a bit.