PDA

View Full Version : Mivv exhaust opinions

xactoman
10-26-2014, 05:07 PM
Thinking about putting new cans on the Dorso to replace the stock. It appears we have very few options here in the states. Kind leaves me with Mivv, Arrow and GPR. I like the way the Mivv Suono looks and fills the space at the rear. GPR seem a bit cheap and tinny sounding. Arrow look nice but super expensive. Looking for anyone that has them and what they think. Is it a performance improvement over stock? Did you have to remap? And what do you think of the sound, with plugs in or out?

This bike has a great sound with stock pipes. Not perfect but better than most stickers. Is it even worth messing with?

gtrob
10-28-2014, 07:12 PM
I've just put a set of pipe werx on mine. And I'm super happy with the pipes and also the service they provided. I'm down in Australia and I had them on my door step in a week. Can highly recommend them. I put a new air cleaner on at the same time. So I got a remap done.

Yeah it's worth messing with. They sound FANTASTIC after wards.

xactoman
10-29-2014, 08:54 AM
Is there only one remap for the Dorso (arrow map)? Or is there another map for "open" pipes the dealer can put on? How was fueling without doing a map?

gtrob
10-29-2014, 08:39 PM
Haven't riden it far enough to say its beter or worse since map. Had to go back to work

Locky
11-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Try the GPR their well made a great price come with front and back removable baffles.I got the furore's and have had them for a riding season and they work great.No screwing around with maps
though I already had a fat duc on when I installed them.As for sounding tinny no way and with the front and back baffle you can tune them the way you like in 5 min.I'll admit when I ordered them I was worried
because of the price they would be cheap crap but their very well made and solid with a great finish.You don't alway have to pay through the nose for good products,the dd1200 it's self is proof of that.

xactoman
11-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Which GPR material do you have, Ti, steel or aluminum? I see they come in all three. Aluminum is the cheapest, but I am guessing Ti lasts longer.

Locky
11-05-2014, 09:51 PM
The Furore's only come in aluminum as far as I know.If you click on my name and go to my posts there's some good photos of them in the post So Far....

tx-ruben
11-06-2014, 04:42 PM
I've just put a set of pipe werx on mine. And I'm super happy with the pipes and also the service they provided. I'm down in Australia and I had them on my door step in a week. Can highly recommend them. I put a new air cleaner on at the same time. So I got a remap done.

Yeah it's worth messing with. They sound FANTASTIC after wards.

I just installed the the Hawk exhaust cans by pipe werx. Best bang for buck, solid quality.

gtrob
11-07-2014, 05:11 AM
I just installed the the Hawk exhaust cans by pipe werx. Best bang for buck, solid quality.

Your right. Bang for your buck they are awesome. I have had arrow pipes on my last couple bikes. And I honestly think the build quality of these is up there with arrows.

Treg
11-16-2014, 03:32 PM
I've got a set of GPR too and there awesome!!!!