PDA

View Full Version : Problem Fitting TITAX lever

Tuono Monkey
09-21-2014, 09:32 AM
Hi Guys,

Got a bit of a problem and wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction please.

I bought a set of Titax levers the other day and tried to fit them today, failing at a hurdle early on.

When I got my 2007 Tuono it had ASV shorties already installed, but wanted to give some standard length levers a try. Bought a pair of "used but never installed" ones from ebay.

The problem is that when trying to install the clutch lever using the barrel (the one that connects to the actuator push rod) from my ASV in the TITAX, its to small (by 1-1.5 mm), i.e. the diameter or the hole in the TITAX ia larger.

I only have the barrels that came with the ASV's. I'm assuming I need boththe clutch and brake barrels that came with the OEM levers, is that correct? and does any one know a part number for them or how else I can get around this problem.

I know AF1 sell the clutch barrel on its own but at 50 inc delivery is a little steep..

Thanks

Monkey

Keith B
09-24-2014, 05:32 AM
I only have the barrels that came with the ASV's. I'm assuming I need boththe clutch and brake barrels that came with the OEM levers, is that correct? and does any one know a part number for them or how else I can get around this problem.

I know AF1 sell the clutch barrel on its own but at 50 inc delivery is a little steep..

Yes,ASV supply barrels and pins in the box with the levers,...and yes they are a different size to the OEM items.
AFAIK,there is no part number for the OEM barrels and pins.They are supplied as part of the lever assembly.
N.B,....that is a GENUINE lever assembly,...not the copies that are all over ebay.In the past I have cross reffed the part numbers with Ducati levers and they are all the same,...the barrels are part of the lever assembly.
Dont know where you are in the UK but you could try snivelling/begging/winging to a decent Italian bike dealer.They may have an odd one knocking about.
You could try Aprilia Performance in Tamworth or Italia Moto in Lincoln for starters.
You could buy some standard length ASV's and flog the shorties/Titax and get some of your money back.

Beware of second hand levers on ebay,...sometimes the barrel gets mullered by some gorilla that tries to remove the pin without undoing the grub screw first.

weeksy
09-24-2014, 06:24 AM
Sometimes they almost lock up the front end and the bike doesn't move !

Tuono Monkey
09-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. The eBay seller I bought the titaxs off has gotten in touch with the uk distrabuter of titax and they're sending him a larger set of barrels. So fingers crossed that will sort it. If not ....well then the search continues.