PDA

View Full Version : Steering column control

zviadi
09-04-2014, 11:37 PM
About a month ago noticed that when you turn the handlebar itself is trying to tighten in the direction of rotation. Thought that worn bearings.
Disassembled the steering column - the bearings are OK, but bent the steering axis (see. Figure).

It is made of very soft metal. The new steering column control is molded and worth here $ 256 and is made ​​of exactly the same soft metal, so we decided to dismantle the axis of the beam and make it again in the plant of a normal metal.
Keep in mind - many parts on the DD 1200 made ​​poorly and in China.
I'm disappointed in this bike, because the idea is good, but the quality of the secondary nodes - shit. In pursuit of the low price, Piaggio Group went on a decline in the quality of components. In addition to the motor and frame this bike is necessary to alter almost everything else.

zviadi
09-10-2014, 04:29 AM
Picture of steering column:

Had to cut up to pull from a traverse - so it curve.

Mr.Dorso
09-10-2014, 06:37 PM
When clicking on link it said: Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator (webmaster@apriliaforum.com)

Has it been in an accident? Not good if it came from factory like this...!

zviadi
09-12-2014, 04:49 AM
Link corrected.
The axis on the picture is bent in three places.

Has it been in an accident? Not good if it came from factory like this...!

I don't know, why it happened. As far as I remember, after the accident everything was in order.
After about six hundred miles began to appear blows in steering wheel when braking. Then the handlebar began to pull to the left, even had to hold his hands.
At first I thought it was a worn out bearing, and found this...