PDA

View Full Version : 2012 fuel tank reserve - amount and range?

husky350
09-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Hello everyone,

According to the owner's manual my 2012 has a 3.96 gallon tank with .66 of that for reserve. After 5 tanks or so, I this doesn't seem right - yesterday I put 20 miles on after going to reserve and still added just 3.5 gallons. It would seem like reserve is closer to 1 gallon. Has anyone run their bike to empty to see how much fuel they can put in and also how many miles they can go after hitting reserve?

Keith

Conorian
09-02-2014, 11:11 AM
when reserve light turn on in my dorsoduro in tank is 3l of fuel

xactoman
09-02-2014, 11:15 AM
I feel your theory is correct. Something is amiss. Driving in town I have quick access to a fuel stop to check things. I think my light comes on about 2.9 in the tank. That would leave me a full gallon for reserve. Haven't had the guts to drive until it chokes though.

lanter
09-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Same with mine. About 2.9 gal when light comes on and I still haven't figured out the crazy countdown.

xactoman
09-02-2014, 07:20 PM
The countdown is miles traveled since light came on. I guess you have to calculate what your current mpg is so you can know when you are going to walk.

YGROWUP
09-04-2014, 07:18 PM
There is an easy fix for this problem. My light used to come on with 5 litres left of the 15 litre tank. I wanted the reserve to be smaller. I hate driving with that stupid light on, just makes me nervous.

Take off the tank. Pull out the pump on the bottom. There is a metal rod with the sensor on top. Simply put an S bend in the bar. Problem solved.

I now have 4 litres left instead of 5. I should have put a bigger bend in the rod. If I have need to pull the tank in the future, I will increase the bend.