PDA

View Full Version : HELP! My bike is running like crap

TRACKJUNKEJEFF
08-30-2014, 12:12 AM
Fellas,

First of all I have searched, and I have read a bunch of stuff on here trying to figure this out, so please try to keep the flaming to a minimum.

I have an 07 Tuono R I bought used with low 4k miles. It already had map 2, 15/40 gearing, Akro slip ons, K&N filter and a few cosmetic goodies installed.
It has always had a slight surge at low RPM, nothing alarming just annoying. But recently at around 9400 miles the slight surging all of a sudden turned into a very pronounced pulsing. Bike runs but it is very unpleasant to ride especially above 5k.
I have since pulled the tank to verify all of the vacuum lines and electrical connectors are secure. I did find a one way vacuum thingy with two short lines not connected sitting in the right side tail piece next to the battery. I plugged that into the bottom of the tank with no noticeable change. (NOT SURE WHAT THIS PART IS OR WHERE IT GOES)
Yesterday I pulled the tank as well as the pump. I notice one of the tank vent nipples had some corrosion so I pulled both to make sure they were clear. The corroded one was clogged full of some black junk. I cleared it, blew out all of the vent lines in and around the tank. Replaced the fuel filter pump hose and clamps because of the recall I found on here. Searched for anything else that might not be right and put it all back together. It runs, but the surging/pulsing remains.
I pulled the filler cap and blew air through the vents from top to bottom of the tank, no obstructions so I looked closer at the enclosed vent assembly in the cap. I opened it up to make sure it wasn’t full of crap. No crap just some small parts that spilled out and now I am unsure how they all go back in.
I am at a loss, please help. I love this bike but am getting frustrated with this issue.

tuonodaveg
08-30-2014, 02:17 AM
Do you only feel the surge when riding? Is it worse the faster you go? Put you bike on a rear stand and turn the rear wheel by hand in neutral. You may have a very tight spot in the chain.

TRACKJUNKEJEFF
08-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Yes it is while in motion. I guess today would be a great day to install the new chain and sprockets.

tuonodaveg
08-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Let us know how it works out.

TRACKJUNKEJEFF
08-30-2014, 07:42 PM
I will. Thanks
There was very tight spot in the chain before I took it off. Never thought that might be the issue since the chain had a ton of slack. I have been waiting to do the chain and sprockets till I got it running better.

Tifa
08-30-2014, 07:59 PM
Fault codes?

TRACKJUNKEJEFF
08-30-2014, 11:25 PM
Not that I have seen.

hilift
08-31-2014, 02:25 PM
when were the thottle bodies last balanced ?????