PDA

View Full Version : Farewell my Aprilia friends

i-Zapp
08-18-2014, 09:51 AM
With a heavy heart I sold my Tuono this weekend. I posted the bike for sale back in May and in the meantime fell back in love (started tracking it, vs the doldrums of commuting) and really didn't even want to sell anymore. But seemingly out of the blue a chap 10 hours away offers to buy her and off she went. What a great machine it was - not without issues and quirks here and there - but really an awesome all around bike (nothing anyone here doesn't already know).

Pretty funny on the guys test drive... he hands me the cash and says he wants a short run around the block to just make sure all is well before he loads it in the trailer (the bike was perfect). He was an older gent that's been riding an SV650 I think. About 10 minutes later he reappears in the driveway. I'm smiling cause I know the feeling he has... I say "you wanted to keep on riding it didn't you?" He could barely take off his helmet from the huge grin he had, and with his hands still shaking he replies "let's do the paperwork and get this thing loaded!".

Why sell? Life's too short and there's too many bikes I want to own. I convinced myself a 675 was nice progression since I find myself tracking more than street riding. Who knows, I might be back...

SquireSCA
08-22-2014, 01:13 PM
With a heavy heart I sold my Tuono this weekend. I posted the bike for sale back in May and in the meantime fell back in love (started tracking it, vs the doldrums of commuting) and really didn't even want to sell anymore. But seemingly out of the blue a chap 10 hours away offers to buy her and off she went. What a great machine it was - not without issues and quirks here and there - but really an awesome all around bike (nothing anyone here doesn't already know).

Pretty funny on the guys test drive... he hands me the cash and says he wants a short run around the block to just make sure all is well before he loads it in the trailer (the bike was perfect). He was an older gent that's been riding an SV650 I think. About 10 minutes later he reappears in the driveway. I'm smiling cause I know the feeling he has... I say "you wanted to keep on riding it didn't you?" He could barely take off his helmet from the huge grin he had, and with his hands still shaking he replies "let's do the paperwork and get this thing loaded!".

Why sell? Life's too short and there's too many bikes I want to own. I convinced myself a 675 was nice progression since I find myself tracking more than street riding. Who knows, I might be back...

I can relate. To date I have owned:

1996 Yamaha Seca II 600
2005 Honda CBR600F4i
2003 Honda CBR954rr
2007 Honda CBR1000rr Respol Edition
2007 Ducati Monster S2R 1000
2007 Ducati Monster S4RS
2007 Ducati 999S Parts Unlimited Edition
2007 Yamaha FZ1
2005 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2007 KTM Super Duke 990
2006 Suzuki GSX-R750
2002 Suzuki TL-1000R track bike(still street legal)
2010 Ducati 848 Hayden Edition
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098
2007 Daytona 675
2011 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2009 Ducati 1198
2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000r Factory

Every one of them has been fun, cool in their own way. Life is too short to just have one bike.

Fox Fader
08-22-2014, 04:45 PM
Every one of them has been fun, cool in their own way. Life is too short to just have one bike.

You're right, but everytime I stray away from these machines, I find my self coming right back.

Lomita
08-31-2014, 04:28 PM
I still have a stupid grin on my face and my hands are shaking. Thanks again for everything I-zapp. Bike is a dream, but you knew that.

VFR4Lee
09-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Life is too short to just have one bike.
But I find it really hard to let go of a great one. :lover:

VFR4Lee
09-11-2014, 08:18 PM
I still have a stupid grin on my face and my hands are shaking. Thanks again for everything I-zapp. Bike is a dream, but you knew that.

Enjoy that thing. Good to see a cool bike go to someone that loves it. ;)

i-Zapp
04-27-2016, 09:02 PM

guess what??? yep, i'm baaaack! this time with a '12 TV4. The Daytona was a wonderful bike and a dream on the track, just lacked the raw adrenalin of the TV2 let alone the TV4. I'm looking forward to another love/hate relationship with an Italian mistress.:p:

Banned
04-27-2016, 09:15 PM
It's about time. I had a 675 for a while also and while a great bike, it doesn't compare to the Aprilia in the fun department.

norcolmille
04-28-2016, 12:04 PM
welcome back- i have had numerous rides - but it seems I just come back to a Aprilia :)