PDA

View Full Version : Error code "m2DD 0004"

zviadi
08-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Hi all!
Today, there is a problem - driving on the highway, decided to sharply accelerate about 7000 rev / min was a sharp jerk. As if the ignition is turned off.
And so every time when I wanted to dramatically add gas.
I had to go to the garage on the way jerks began to occur more and more often as a result of lit inscription "Urgent service." I stopped, turned off the ignition, then turn it on again - the word "Urgent service" changed to "Service". Again turned off the ignition, turned again - the word "service" has disappeared.
Travelled more carefully, keeping the engine speed at around 5000 rev / min. Drove to the garage for almost 50 miles, shut off the engine. Then again, he tried to start the engine. Started it, just added gas - there was a strong shot in the muffler and all warning devices and the very instrument panel goes out. Lit only by the lamp immobilizer.
When you turn the ignition key, nothing happens - complete silence. Visually checked all the fuses - all ok.
Removed the battery cable, and then put back. On the dashboard shows "m2DD 0004," after a few seconds this will disappear.
What is it?

stockell_mat
08-09-2014, 04:41 PM
try guizzi diag

zviadi
08-10-2014, 02:44 AM
What is "guizzi diag"?

stockell_mat
08-12-2014, 04:13 PM
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...idiag-for-RSV4. (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...idiag-for-RSV4.) I have tried this and it works well, I had to bridge the pins of the cable to make it work, but it is very informative

zviadi
08-22-2014, 12:03 AM
The reason was a 30-amp fuse in the starter relay.
Now we understand the cause of failure of the fuse. Possible faulty wiring of the main injection relay and the wires on the alternator.

zviadi
09-23-2014, 11:30 PM
Took apart all the wiring, now everything works fine, but we still have a misfire with the dramatic opening of the gas and upon reaching 7000 rpm
Went to the dealer, diagnosis gives error short circuit between TPS and ECU, and logical errors of TPS of both cylinders. Continue to understand yourself...

jstuntlocke
09-25-2014, 07:08 PM
My bike will not start and is showing same error code. Everytime I attempt to start I hear a distinct poping noise coming from relay and have already replaced the 30amp fuse, and still same results. What does the code mean?

zviadi
09-25-2014, 11:35 PM
What does the code mean?

It is unknown. In the service manual such code no.
I think this code means hanging ECU. By analogy with a hunging computer. To get out of this state, press the reset button.

zviadi
09-25-2014, 11:37 PM
My bike will not start and is showing same error code. Everytime I attempt to start I hear a distinct poping noise coming from relay and have already replaced the 30amp fuse, and still same results.

Blown fuse 30A is the consequence, not the cause. The reason is in the wiring and TPS.
Somewhere short circuit or frayed one of the wires of the CAN-bus.

jstuntlocke
09-26-2014, 07:33 AM
Bad TPS again? Do I have to chase down a wiring issue myself, or is this a problem due to the recall on the TPS?
I havent even been through the original tires on this thing and already one TPS, im on the second motor, my fairing tab is in three pieces due to tank swelling, and now this..... quite a shame, or quite the sham I am not sure which yet.

trainman
09-26-2014, 12:20 PM
does any of the small fuses blow? if not and if big fuse blows when starting I would check that starter motor is ok and not jamming

zviadi
09-27-2014, 05:07 AM
Bad TPS again? Do I have to chase down a wiring issue myself, or is this a problem due to the recall on the TPS?

Why "again"? Well i wrote - maybe in the wires from TPS to the ECU case. Or wires from TPS to CAN-bus.
At least in my case.

zviadi
09-27-2014, 05:12 AM
does any of the small fuses blow? if not and if big fuse blows when starting I would check that starter motor is ok and not jamming

Starter ok - i can ride on a motorcycle, the only problem with antsy to 6000 rev / min and did not go away. "Service", "Urgent Service" and red lamp does not light.
Auxiliary fuses are not blown off, but the power to the fuse 3 and 6 to repair the wiring was not.

At the moment the bike can move, everything works normally, but you can ride it in half gas. And no sudden acceleration, or just a jerk.
For obvious reasons, i have a situation does not suit. So we will continue to watch TPS, as shown by the dealer diagnostic tool.

jstuntlocke
09-27-2014, 09:03 AM
Why "again"? Well i wrote - maybe in the wires from TPS to the ECU case. Or wires from TPS to CAN-bus.
At least in my case.

Got the demand sensor and TPS confused..

My battery was low just a small amount and guess that was my problem. Had enough juice to fire any other bike I have ever owned, however this one must be super sensitive to voltage. ?

zviadi
09-27-2014, 12:18 PM
I have a month after buying broken relay-rectifier. I replaced it with a relay-rectifier from Honda VFR 800 and so drive 11,000 km.
Currently charging the battery all right.

trainman
09-27-2014, 04:25 PM
big engine and battery needs to be well charged to do its job, more so in cold weather

aprilias and other bikes have been known to suffer from thin wiring and poor connectors around the generator and reg/rect, these can sap power to the battery

trainman
09-27-2014, 04:29 PM
this may help

zviadi
09-28-2014, 11:46 PM
big engine and battery needs to be well charged to do its job, more so in cold weather
aprilias and other bikes have been known to suffer from thin wiring and poor connectors around the generator and reg/rect, these can sap power to the battery

I went through all that on my last bike (Aprilia Mille), so I know what it should be checked immediately.
Dorsoduro made better by the electrician. Start in cold weather the first time.
At the moment I am absolutely sure that the battery charge is correct, and that my problems with Dorsoduro wholly unrelated to it.

zviadi
09-28-2014, 11:52 PM
this may help

Thanx!
I check it easier is to first measure the voltage at the battery terminals at idle, then at 4000 rpm.
If it is OK - relay-rectifier and generator all right. If not - disassemble the electrical connector abetween the generator and the relay-regulator and measure the voltage across each of the coils.

In the same way I did with my Mille, and just put the relay controller from VFR800. Rode thus 17000 km, no problems with the electrical system was not.

zviadi
04-08-2015, 01:02 AM
Yesterday I used the program Guzzidiag, to read errors and not ride to dealer.
Did everything as described here: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?297028-How-to-read-fault-codes-from-the-ECU-on-the-Dorsoduro-750
No errors on my bike. Further i'm reset and learning throttle valve and gas handle.
Went on a test drive. On the first three gears have the cutoff at 7000 rpm. Faster not ride - nowhere. When cutoff - the dashboard and the headlights begin to blink. If i twist the gashandle to neutral - no cutoffs, but at 7000 rpm the dashboard and the headlights too begin to blink.
Came back to the garage and again read errors - no errors.
I don't know what it is...

Mad_Sunday
04-09-2015, 04:34 AM
Probably wrong, and a bit of a gamble, but is your rev limit light set at 7000 rpm and causing some weird issues?

zviadi
04-09-2015, 05:47 AM
I don't ride this bike below 6,000 rpm. 7000 rpm is not enough for me.
Blinker exhibited at 8800 rpm, rev limiter as bike in working order running at about 9500 rpm.

zviadi
04-20-2015, 02:07 PM
Finally done with the bike ...
Proved guilty relay fig. 27:

This relay is responsible for the accuracy of the signal in the CAN-bus. His contacts were blabbed. Therefore, the blinking headlight. The relay is made in Portugal. It is placed on all the cars of concern FIAT. I just replaced it.
Were also blabbed all contacts Auxiliary fuses.

In general, electrician - the science of contacts :happy:
Only 8 months of fuss - and the bike repaired.