PDA

View Full Version : Open map

TheBuilder
07-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Has anyone been able to confirm or deny the existence of an "Open Map" yet?
If Aprilia can't get the mapping issue figured out soon this bike is going!!! Backfiring through the airbox is annoying to say the least but it is also hard on engine internals. Especially when it's bad enough to stall the bike
-_-

Mr.Dorso
07-15-2014, 06:16 PM
When I mentioned it to the service tech's they looked at me confused and said they haven't heard of it - Aprilia really need to sort these issues out or recall the bikes.

This is a joke. Map issues (has to be causing damage), sensors going (3x o2 sensors / 2x demand sensors in 20months on my dorsoduro), broken subframes.. :WTF:

TheBuilder
07-15-2014, 07:47 PM
I haven't looked at the other threads but are the Capo guys having the same issues?

lanter
07-16-2014, 02:07 PM
What maps are guys running? I have arrow pipes with cats, and the aprilia arrow map. Im not experiencing any of these said problems. The arrow mapping was designed to have the cats still inline.

Mr.Dorso
07-17-2014, 02:58 AM
What maps are guys running? I have arrow pipes with cats, and the aprilia arrow map. Im not experiencing any of these said problems. The arrow mapping was designed to have the cats still inline.
Current standard map, had the arrow map on and was running very rich, dealer changed back to current standard map as italy said arrow map had issues with running too rich

I haven't looked at the other threads but are the Capo guys having the same issues?
doesn't seem so, only had a quick look

TheBuilder
07-17-2014, 08:59 AM
I was running the Arrow map as well but waaay too rich then tried the Rexxar Map but ridiculous engine braking again then back to the most recent stock map. Ever since the stock map update it's been having issues.

lanter
07-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Mr. Dorso, do you still have the cats? Also do you have the DNR stage 2 filter?

Mr.Dorso
07-17-2014, 04:13 PM
lanter, I have the baffles out of the tips, haven't done anything else with the exhaust not sure if you referring to baffles as cat? I think you have said before to run with baffles in yeah?

I had the DNR stage 2 in but there was issues with the mapping so took it out to avoid any warranty issues and left it off, but the problems have been ongoing.

lanter
07-17-2014, 07:04 PM
I have baffles out but retained the cats. Not to sound redundant, but did you try to have map reloaded? Mine does run a little rich but runs awesome with my setup.

Mr.Dorso
07-17-2014, 08:12 PM
Haven't tried to reload. It was running awesome on the arrow map for a while there, 20k service they said there was an updated arrow map they had installed, was running ok for around 2,000k's then started to have issues above 7,000rpm - Will see what dealer comes back with this time and if it doesn't seem like they've fixed it will have them reload the arrow map and see how that goes

Brinks_2
07-19-2014, 10:55 PM
I run the same as you Lanter, in "s" mode as much as possible. DNA stage 2 and baffles out. It runs rich and you don't want to gas a pillion so don't put one on LOL. I have kept it as when the arrows were originally installed. Guy's if you have mucked around with the air filter, keep an eye on it. I have found if not installed back in snuggly, it backfires. Waiting for the clutch to go and will then look for a slipper clutch. That should help backing it in. Arrow map with baffles in or out not much difference.