PDA

View Full Version : Rejetting

LEWINS
07-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Hi guys, as said in my other thread I need to rejet my carb, and ideas on what jets I should use and how I rejet my carb? Also If I don't feel confident enough to do it how much would a garage charge? At 40 an hour? Cheers

apriliamandan
07-14-2014, 12:22 PM
what carburettor is it and what is the rest of your set-up?

LEWINS
07-14-2014, 12:30 PM
what carburettor is it and what is the rest of your set-up?

Just standard on the sx 50, everything is stock apart from 12/53t gearing a a leovince exhaust

apriliamandan
07-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Just standard on the sx 50, everything is stock apart from 12/53t gearing a a leovince exhaust

What carburettor is it you're using?

LEWINS
07-14-2014, 01:57 PM
What carburettor is it you're using?

I really don't know mate, its just the factory fitted one

LEWINS
07-14-2014, 03:51 PM
standard carb is a dellorto phva 17.5mm ED and main jets are size 6mm, if the bikes totally standard but is fully derestricted then buy main jets in 6mm size 98 size 100 and 102

adrenalin-pedstop got mine running on the dyno with size 98 with tecnigas enox exhaust and the day after it heat seized as the jet was too small, however if u using the standard pipe it will run a little richer with the same jet, best to try the 102 first then 100 then 98 coz no 2 engines are exactly same and yours might need bigger or smaller jet than the 98 that was in mine.

your sx looks like an 06-07 model same as mine, these came from the factory with completely wrong automizer and jet needle
the correct ones are as states:
ga210 atomizer:
a13 needle with circlip on 4th notch down:
30 idle jet...this might already be in there as it was in mine, best to check that no one has changed it

a previous owner might have already done these changes but youll never know until u unscrew the bottom off the carb, unscrew the main jet, unscrew the black top piece off the carb where throttle cable goes into and when u pull the slide out you'll see a huge spring and a silver coloured needle that should have A13 stamped on it, to remove atomizer tube look into top off carb and you'll see a brass coloured jet which you can tap out with an allen key or something and it falls out the same way the main jet comes out after u removed the main jet first

try google for how to dismantle and tune a dellorto phva 17.5mm carb there should be someone with a few pics on how to do it

nearly there, mines 2008 model, will it have the correct needle?

LEWINS
07-14-2014, 04:10 PM
not likely as its a 2006 model bought and registered in 2008, the 2009 onwards models with different shaped headlight and mudguard come with correct carb settings

Hmmm, mm I will strip the carb down tomorrow and check
cheers for the info

LEWINS
07-14-2014, 04:27 PM
forgot to mention, avoid the motoforce brand jets coz I spent 7 months trying to get it to run properly with those jets and wasted 65 on getting it set up on the dyno at adrenalin-pedstop as they found the motoforce main jets I handed them to use were hugely inaccurate so I would have set it up myself if it wernt for those motoforce jets lol

the genuine dellorto are the best but im using pedmoto ones from pedstop and there available in packs of 10 sizes from 75 to 98 and 100 to 122 If I remember rightly

I won't use ped stop any more because of bad customer service, you know of anywhere else I can get them?

LEWINS
07-14-2014, 04:38 PM
had same bad service with pedstop too lol the naraku jets look similar to the pedmoto but carnt be sure, dellorto.co.uk is the place I got all the carb bits from although the delivery charge is expensive, they have all those jets/needles/atomiser on there website, go on that website click motorcycle carburettors then click phva parts the main jet part number is 6413, just to make sure ur in the right place

Yeah, I bought a rear sprocket from them that was supposed to fit my bike but it didn't and I had to pay the postage to return it, and they were cheeky on the phone, so they got a taste of there own remedy haha

LEWINS
07-14-2014, 04:50 PM
I orderd main jets from them and they told me they were genuine dellorto ones with the inc stamp on but they sent cheap soft brass copys and sent then in wrong size 103 instead of 102 and then sent me 105 in 5mm instead of 6mm and had to send photos of them of proof and after 4 jets being sent to me I just gave up and ended up spreading the word to everyone lol

Hahaha, yeah they not so good tbh, I've refused to deal with them
this is the conversation after the phone call on Facebook

LEWINS
07-14-2014, 05:06 PM
typical pedstop not owning upto their mistake lol it was their fault my 50cc cylinder blew up with 1 or 2 sizes too small on the main jet, they fitted a 98 and 100 would of been better with the tacnigas pipe

Yep, there a joke haha

Zav
07-15-2014, 01:18 AM
Yep, there a joke haha

You two are a joke tbh

don't even bother re jetting till you get a new exhaust or stop being a tight fit and pay a wider a 10er to weld it

next Ian there settings arnt wrong that's how they should be for a stock bike restricted as your ment to ideally get a 19 mm carb when de restrict to eg the full protential from the 50cc

secondly the the reason your bikes keep blowing up is you premix but haven't up jetted to run premix like I told you when your first told me and I said it wasn't gonna be long till it blows up and it did

neatly your carb is a 17.5mm carb what is a bitch of a carb to jet but there's no need to chane needles and all that (tbh I never have on any of my bikes only change height of needle. Main jet. Idle jet. Stater jet. That's it never messed with anything else as I've had no need my bikes run at wot all the time so as long as it staters right will idle and WONT blow up after a good hard thrashing in the hills I'm not bothered and tbh I'm honest mine runs quiet good at low rpm and medium anyway I will get a vid one day of it running with it's short gearing so you can see and hear what just getting correct jetting

nestle if you had to ask how to jet don't bother even trying to do it just pay a garage as I know what the next thread will be. "My engine stopped and now won't start and I can't move it". Or "my engines making funny noise and won't rev high"

LEWINS
07-15-2014, 04:31 AM
You two are a joke tbh

don't even bother re jetting till you get a new exhaust or stop being a tight fit and pay a wider a 10er to weld it

next Ian there settings arnt wrong that's how they should be for a stock bike restricted as your ment to ideally get a 19 mm carb when de restrict to eg the full protential from the 50cc

secondly the the reason your bikes keep blowing up is you premix but haven't up jetted to run premix like I told you when your first told me and I said it wasn't gonna be long till it blows up and it did

neatly your carb is a 17.5mm carb what is a bitch of a carb to jet but there's no need to chane needles and all that (tbh I never have on any of my bikes only change height of needle. Main jet. Idle jet. Stater jet. That's it never messed with anything else as I've had no need my bikes run at wot all the time so as long as it staters right will idle and WONT blow up after a good hard thrashing in the hills I'm not bothered and tbh I'm honest mine runs quiet good at low rpm and medium anyway I will get a vid one day of it running with it's short gearing so you can see and hear what just getting correct jetting

nestle if you had to ask how to jet don't bother even trying to do it just pay a garage as I know what the next thread will be. "My engine stopped and now won't start and I can't move it". Or "my engines making funny noise and won't rev high"

Al fucking rip your throat out zav, read my post on the other thread if ya such a big man