PDA

View Full Version : RS50 2006/2010 Suspension

crazorazor
07-09-2014, 05:26 AM
Hi, i have recently streetfightered my Rosso Fluo Rs50, but i dont like the way the back end sits! I am wanting to raise the back end to make it look more aggressive. I am asking whether anyone has done this before as i though about making a spacer to bolt on to the swing arm, to which i would connect the shock, otherwise i would have to buy a longer shock (more expensive). Many thanks

Zav
07-09-2014, 07:57 AM
Hi, i have recently streetfightered my Rosso Fluo Rs50, but i dont like the way the back end sits! I am wanting to raise the back end to make it look more aggressive. I am asking whether anyone has done this before as i though about making a spacer to bolt on to the swing arm, to which i would connect the shock, otherwise i would have to buy a longer shock (more expensive). Many thanks

i jacked my my06 street fights tail up with custom made jake up kit I made on works laser cutter in just had 2 plates with 2 holes in each with 45mm between the centre of each hole so it jacked it up 45mm but it handled like shit so scraped it after a week as it just didn't want to corner and would keep wheeling what I didn't like at time but I've jacked my rx up 30mm same way and it's made it handle better and wheelie a lot Easyer but I no longer work on laser cutter I'm on pipe bender so can't make anymore but I have just made a new exhaust stinger out of stainless steel

crazorazor
07-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Ahh, ok thank you anyway, but if it handles like crap i dont think ill bother.
Many thanks

crazorazor
07-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Also, may i ask if anyone has ever installed a shorter side exhaust on the 2006-2010 rs50, as i believe the length and shape of the original, and performance under seat exhausts restrict the power.
Many Thanks

Zav
07-10-2014, 02:38 AM
Also, may i ask if anyone has ever installed a shorter side exhaust on the 2006-2010 rs50, as i believe the length and shape of the original, and performance under seat exhausts restrict the power.
Many Thanks

Yes the exhaust systems are resrictive but for a side exit it's 200 so it's not worth it as you will get a lot better gains with a airsal 70 and 24mm carb