PDA

View Full Version : Coolant

LEWINS
07-04-2014, 06:56 AM
Hi, if if I put too much coolant in the bottle will it throw the execes out the exhaust?

This bike is a joke, I'm tempted to sell it as spares or repair and buy a ktm duke 125, trusty 4 stroke

after new top end and crank case gasket it still uses coolant.

Pranja
07-04-2014, 11:15 AM
No,coolant must never be in top end and exhaust. If you changed all the gaskets, then head is warped. Or, you put wrong gaskets or wrong head on the bike.

LEWINS
07-04-2014, 01:36 PM
No,coolant must never be in top end and exhaust. If you changed all the gaskets, then head is warped. Or, you put wrong gaskets or wrong head on the bike.

Its got a new head, it's the correct head, it's a genuine part from aprilia all torqued down correctly, and the gaskets are all in the correct place
I'm so confused

Pranja
07-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Ok, if you are 110 % sure that top part is fully sealed in correct way-did you checked the engine cases? Water flows trouh them so if somewhere is leak, water could find it's way iside.

Zav
07-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Its got a new head, it's the correct head, it's a genuine part from aprilia all torqued down correctly, and the gaskets are all in the correct place
I'm so confused

Im not you've been fucked over by a Bodge it mechanic and he owes you a refund as he hasn't fitted it right that's why it's leaking through the head or base gasket into the engine and out the exhaust

LEWINS
07-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Ok, if you are 110 % sure that top part is fully sealed in correct way-did you checked the engine cases? Water flows trouh them so if somewhere is leak, water could find it's way iside.

Yeah, the case gasket has been replaced but I do see the slightest bit of oil coming from the gasket, should I put so gasket silent in there?

LEWINS
07-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Im not you've been fucked over by a Bodge it mechanic and he owes you a refund as he hasn't fitted it right that's why it's leaking through the head or base gasket into the engine and out the exhaust

I'm sick of going through to the shop, I'm sick of him having my bike, for the sake of a couple of hundred quid I would rather tryn fix it myself

Pranja
07-04-2014, 03:29 PM
Yeah, the case gasket has been replaced but I do see the slightest bit of oil coming from the gasket, should I put so gasket silent in there?

Well, that could be the answer.

LEWINS
07-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Well, that could be the answer.

But its a very thin gear box oil? Could it still be the problem?

Pranja
07-04-2014, 04:13 PM
You need to check how tight are screws on both cases and covers-if that guy didn't do his work in proper way, you will need rebuild very soon.

LEWINS
07-04-2014, 04:17 PM
You need to check how tight are screws on both cases and covers-if that guy didn't do his work in proper way, you will need rebuild very soon.

I've already tightened them, the real tight now but still a slight leak

Pranja
07-04-2014, 04:31 PM
It must go in the shop for a check.

LEWINS
07-04-2014, 04:34 PM
It must go in the shop for a check.

Really? Oh man, I'm sick of it been in there, it's been there 2 weeks I've only had it back 2 days :(

Pranja
07-04-2014, 04:52 PM
I don't know what to recommend to you besides going to shop. With all that info you gave us, it seems that all that you could do, has been allready done. Of course, except complete removal of top end and dissasembly of bottom end.

LEWINS
07-04-2014, 04:54 PM
I don't know what to recommend to you besides going to shop. With all that info you gave us, it seems that all that you could do, has been allready done. Of course, except complete removal of top end and dissasembly of bottom end.

Why does the bottom end need to be dissembling?

could I not try the gasket sealant before i take it to the shop? What's the chances of that working?
and after the gasket in the crankcase was replaced it didn't throw coolant out the exhaust for a while, then it started again, it only throws the coolant out a high revs now though

Pranja
07-04-2014, 05:06 PM
There is also sealant in bottom end-if not applied correctly, water could come through there.

Yes, you can try, but I don't see connection between leakin oil and water in exhaust.

LEWINS
07-04-2014, 05:15 PM
There is also sealant in bottom end-if not applied correctly, water could come through there.

Yes, you can try, but I don't see connection between leakin oil and water in exhaust.

Is there anything else it could be?

Zav
07-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Is there anything else it could be?

Theres 3 ways water exits the exhaust

water in tank normaly if it's this the bike won't even start and only a tiny amount come out exhaust if does run hardly notice able

head gasket gone due to being revved too high or not fitted right

base gasket gone due to being revved too high or not fitted right

LEWINS
07-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Theres 3 ways water exits the exhaust

water in tank normaly if it's this the bike won't even start and only a tiny amount come out exhaust if does run hardly notice able

head gasket gone due to being revved too high or not fitted right

base gasket gone due to being revved too high or not fitted right

but I've been told off 2 people that the coolant runs through the crank case, the lad fixing my bike has replaced the crank case gasket where the 2 halves go together

and after the crankcase gasket was replaced it worked perfectly without throwing coolant out of the exhaust, now it's started to throw coolant out of the exhaust but only a high revs

LEWINS
07-04-2014, 05:38 PM
but I've been told off 2 people that the coolant runs through the crank case, the lad fixing my bike has replaced the crank case gasket where the 2 halves go together

and after the crankcase gasket was replaced it worked perfectly without throwing coolant out of the exhaust, now it's started to throw coolant out of the exhaust but only a high revs

Also there is a tiny hole in my header bottle, near where the cap is

LEWINS
07-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Well I bit the bullet and rang him today, he's coming to pick it up in the morning

Pranja
07-05-2014, 05:48 PM
I wish you luck and I hope everything will be ok.

LEWINS
07-05-2014, 07:13 PM
I wish you luck and I hope everything will be ok.

Thank you friend

i don't think I got the head replaced, it seems scratched ect and old so I think I need a new head