PDA

View Full Version : A trip to north cape (Norway)

Bullten
07-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Packning everything before departure. Kind of hard to bring tents and sleepingbags on the dorso so the multistrada acted as mule.

First day of riding and we crashed at a friends place. Found this gem on the wall. Its in swedish and the translation means something like "Every guest brings joy. Some when they come, others when they leave." Not sure wich one is referring to us hehe.

A rainy morning with about 10 degrees (about 50F) in the air. What a lovely summer morning! spirits where high tough:)

This is pretty much what we ate for dinner when we didnt eat on a restaurant. Pasta and soup mixed together, goes perfectly with a warm beer.

Some driving in roadconstructions and the usual road dirt turns this bike into looking realy badass! Handles suprisingly well on shitty roads!

We have reached the polar cirkle wich means that in the summer the sun wont rise or set at all. It just spins around your head and you loose all perception of what the time is. Its realy hard to sleep in a tent when the sun is shining on it aswell haha. But on the other hand its really cool!

Finnish border, not much to see exept for trees!

More constructionwork. Riding on the top of a mountain, a different sight. Felt like riding on top of the world!

Mr.Dorso
07-01-2014, 05:07 PM
looks like awesome fun! nice trip, more photos? what tyres did you run? how many k's was the trip?

Bullten
07-01-2014, 05:18 PM
At last some good summer wheater! Its suprising that we had to travel 2500km/15050miles to the north to get some sun!

3 bikes and a twisty road.

Reached north cape. Celebrates with a selfie! 240NOK/37USD was the ticket price for each head, a bit expensive but totally worth it. The girl at the ticket counter told us we had great luck with the weather, they have had snow and rain for the past 2 weeks.

In northern norway the wiews is amazing. Everywhere you look could be a picture on a postcard.

This is a picture full of shame but the trip would not be complete without a misstake like this. Its exactly what happens when your leggs are to short and the bike to heavy haha.

Lots of deers on the roads. They like to hang out near or on the roads, often in large groups. Can be pretty exciting when they stand in the middle of the road after a turn.

Finally we reached the swedish border again. Only 1400km/860miles to home!

This photo is taken when we reached stockholm again.

Start: Stockholm, Sweden
Goal: North cape, Norway
A total of 5000km/3107miles driven.
9 days of travelling.
3 tires changed during the trip, one on each bike.
3 bikes dropped to the ground while standing still.
A shitload of gasoline.

Mr.Dorso
07-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Sounds like a good time. Would be great to do a trip like this one day! Did the tyre change happen for repair? Or replacing? Photos do look like postcards, amazing country you live in there ;)

Bullten
07-03-2014, 03:47 AM
Sounds like a good time. Would be great to do a trip like this one day! Did the tyre change happen for repair? Or replacing? Photos do look like postcards, amazing country you live in there ;)

It was a very nice trip, but you get pretty homesick when the rain is coming down and youre trying to set up a tent hehe. All tires where replaced due to wear and thankfully not a single one blew up on the road tough it was close. Kind of hard to find tires with the right dimesions in the middle of nowhere, they had lots of tires for Atv´s and enduros but. I was running on the original tyres for dorso wich is dunlop sportmax, the front tyre survived and probably will for the rest of the season. The rear tyre only made it 4000km/2500miles wich is kind of poor lifelength but when it starts to turn they are like glued to the tarmac:o

trainman
07-03-2014, 11:00 AM
looks like a beautiful country, will have to get the ferry one day! maybe the weather can be bad but you have space and scenery in plenty!

johnnysunami
07-14-2014, 09:07 PM
Very nice ride! I did a trip in the US very similar to yours and yes, I too dropped my bike and i'm fairly tall 5' 10"...Ha! Luckily the Givi's took the force without any damage at all!

Very nice trip! You are very fortunate to possess awesome memories...

john in sweden
02-19-2015, 02:34 PM
Nice trip, i did it in januari this year,, almost, i visited old friends of me in alta and told them ill be back in summertime to *do nordkap* on bike,,
bra skriven reseberättelse,,
// Jocke i köping

Muzza989
04-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Looks like brilliant fun. Just out of interest how many miles where you getting from the dorsoduro for a tank full??
cheers
muz