PDA

View Full Version : About the clutc

reinikainen
06-27-2014, 04:31 PM
I have a question about the clutch. I was cleaning my bike few days ago and the bike was on rearwheel stand. When I pulled the clutch in and hit the 1st gear, the wheel started spinning and I still had the clutch pulled in. Is this normal? I thought not and decided to ask about fine tuning of the clutch. Allredy changed the fluids. Didn't help.

kzmille
06-27-2014, 07:54 PM
It is normal. These bikes have more clutch drag than most due to features in the design of the vacuum assisted slipper clutch.

reinikainen
06-28-2014, 01:40 AM
It is normal. These bikes have more clutch drag than most due to features in the design of the vacuum assisted slipper clutch.

So is it the same when I roll to stop in red lights idling, first gear, clutch pulled in, and when the bike stops idle revs go down a little?

kzmille
06-28-2014, 06:52 AM
The drag can cause it to be hard to find neutral when stopped, especially when the engine is cold. I've never noticed it changing the idle speed. If it's that bad you may have some air in the hydraulics.

reinikainen
06-28-2014, 07:00 AM
The drag can cause it to be hard to find neutral when stopped, especially when the engine is cold. I've never noticed it changing the idle speed. If it's that bad you may have some air in the hydraulics.

I reverse bled the system and it did the same thing before that. I thought it could be something to do with the lever and the pin that you can adjust. thought it was better to ask before I start messing around with the lever and end up having no clutch.

kzmille
06-28-2014, 07:18 AM
It is easy to get that adjustment too tight. If you have 10-12mm of movement at the end of the lever before you feel resistance I would think there is much to be gained there. Get it too tight and the clutch will slip when the engine heats up.

tuono07
07-07-2014, 07:52 PM
I wouldnt mess with the adjustment pin unless your issue gets really bad. As stated above, a very small adjustment can cause a lot of slipage.