PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Dorsoduro 1200 latest map?

Sleepwalk
06-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Just got a new left over stock DD 1200. Noticed it didn't like running at or below 3500rpm. I just removed the evap system (per all the posts), installed leo vince slip-ons, a DNA stage 2 air filter, and the fat duc o2 mod left at the setting from the store. Cat is still in and so are the db eaters in the slip-ons. It runs a ton better through out the power band. It is even running almost perfect all the way down to 2000rpm, aside from a lot of popping from the exhaust. Saw the map last installed on Feb. 12, 2013 with 1338EC-9. Only thing i noticed is that the back of my riding jacket smelled overwhelmingly of gas fumes after a short ride. Do i even need the fat duc? or does anyone know of a map that would work with my set up? i'm not sure backing off the stock fat duc setting is a good idea since adding the stage 2 air filter leans out the bike even more. i was expecting to have to slightly turn it up until i smelled my jacket. or maybe it's just normal when you remove the evap system?

lanter
06-19-2014, 02:06 PM
How many miles?

Sleepwalk
06-19-2014, 04:12 PM
827 miles total... 40 to 50 miles with all the mods installed

Sleepwalk
06-19-2014, 07:21 PM
thinking of removing the fat duc and trying out the "open pipe" map i've been reading about.

Sleepwalk
06-21-2014, 09:11 AM
Nevermind. I turned up the fatduc setting just a hair and i think the new exhaust just needed to heat up more and "seat" better at the connection points. Popping on decel is almost non existent now. Pops once real quick when i let out on the clutch.

I did notice a decrease in how loud the leo vince pipes are after installing the dna stage 2 air filter and fat duc along with removing the evap system though.

Plus...(i'm not sure if this was there before or not (as i never checked before), but the small vent line from the fuel tank has a very slight gasy liquid at the bottom of it after my ride yesterday. Not the fatter line that used to go to the evap can. is this normal? or should the fat duc be backed off a tad?

Locky
06-29-2014, 10:18 AM
I've had my fat duc on my bike for 3 months and have run it through the settings from nothing to all the way with the bike stock except for the fat duc and the gearing(15T front sprocket)and found the bike ran best at half.To keep track of my setting I broke down the fat duc to 8 even settings.I since have installed a set of G.P.R cans and find the bike runs best at 6 which is 3/4.The bike is running so good that
I haven't made up my mind about which filter I will go to.One thing I've noticed is my bike runs cooler with the fat duc than without it .I imagine you don't need the fat at least without the slip ons but if it helps makes the bike run cooler and smooth for those reasons alone it's worth having on a bike.I have removed my canister also and all I've noticed is the tank venting pressure.If it bugs you some of the stores that sell products for street fighter sell a trick little ally canister.Good luck......

Sleepwalk
06-30-2014, 09:29 PM
Locky,
Thanks for the suggestions. and i agree... the fat duc helps. Mine's almost at the 3/4 mark. I keep backing it off a touch from 3/4 and putting it back to 3/4. 3/4 runs a little too rich on mine i think. Are you using the GPR deeptone ? Those look nice and sound angry