PDA

View Full Version : Crazy laws

Locky
06-18-2014, 05:45 PM
I don't imagine I have to explain to anyone that owns a DD1200 how I like to drive.Like most of you (I think) I'm not an all out nutter but I love the thrill of a twisty road and I'll pass in places where you couldn't with a car sometimes in order not to be stuck behind traffic that takes the fun out of the road and when I'm out of town on quieter roads the front end seems to get lighter and leaves the ground sometimes.
In 2012 and 2013 there where a couple of accidents involving pedestrians and cars racing here which prompted the government to bring out some stupid speeding laws.If your caught doing more than 20k over the speed limit they can tow your vehicle and impound it and they can confiscate your vehicle for racing on the road.The racing part I get but the 20k over is plan stupid and gives the cops way to much power.It hasn't changed my driving since I don't race on the streets,I'm just more careful watching for cops.It also sure as hell not changed
the way others drive cause I see the same stupid crap all the time on the road.
Whats are the laws like where you live?

Sleepwalk
06-19-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm in New York State. The law is similar here. 20 miles over the limit and they impound your ride, take away your license and can even arrest you and put you in jail.

rst1k
06-23-2014, 07:31 PM
In most NW states if you are doing more than double the speed limit, I.E., 30mph in a 15, you could face loss of license and 6months jail time. However, cops will pull you over for 8-10 over the speed limit and give you a 250 dollar fine and a court date.
Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk