PDA

View Full Version : gears/clutch slipping

tmac12
06-12-2014, 04:14 PM
So more frequent than usual when I got my bike running was that (50cc kit still on) it was very hard going from 1st to 2nd, hit nuetral three times in a row, I was puling up with ny whole leg power too, and 6th slips alot, after like a minute it'll drop down into a nuetral between 5th 6th, also there's alot of play in the gear lever - both side ways and up down. The bike requires a good pull to change gear, anything to smooth this out? Thanks.

RS_Patrick
06-12-2014, 05:52 PM
The lever thats on the engine? or the pedal part?

For the bike going into neutral wen shifting from 5th to 6th gear, take the arm of the shaft on the engine carefully and move it 1 spline counter clockwise on the shaft, this lowers the shift pedal a bit making it easier to push all the way up.

Might be the clutch plates need replacing mate, and if you do that i sugest you get a clutch plate kit with stiffer springs (Top Performances 9921180 kit with Kevlar friction material is really good and doesnt cost to much, watch out though because they sometimes label the lighter Top Performance clutch kit as being the one suited for 70cc+ but its not)