PDA

View Full Version : Dorsoduro 1200abs not running good after exhaust change

N11_SJN
05-27-2014, 05:26 PM
Hi all, new to the site and recently new to dorsoduro.

ive got a 2011 dorsoduro 1200 with 1500miles on the clock.

I've just fitted the MIVV suono black pipes to it. I've done about 100miles with them with no problems at all, but recently it's started running really lumpy at low speeds and when I open it up its sluggish to approx 6000rpm then gets even worse after that. Would have sworn that the plugs were shot or it's running out of fuel.

i am running it without the db killers.

i phoned a couple dealers but I got the usual "take it to us" response. I live about 300miles away from the nearest dealer and also need to take a 14hr ferry journey to get to mainland Scotland.

I have heard about people fitting arrow cans and getting a different map put on at the same time but I'm not really in a position to do this due to the distance to someone that can do that for me.

has anyone had similar problems to this after fitting cans to theirs? And if so how did you sort the fault?

many thanks in advance for all your replys.

keithdavisau
05-28-2014, 02:51 AM
Try putting in the DB killers if you have them. You have nothing to lose but a bit of noise.

hairy
05-28-2014, 06:03 AM
standard chip might not be compatible with the new cans

N11_SJN
05-29-2014, 04:19 AM
Thanks guys, yeah I'll try that. Has anyone ever fitted a power commander to theirs?

Cossy911
05-31-2014, 11:45 AM
Had similar problem. You need to get open pipe map installed by a dealership who can load up the aprilia open pipe map. There was an arrow map but bike lumpy as hell and kept cutting out. I got the latest aprilia open pipe map and mine runs like a dream.

N11_SJN
06-01-2014, 05:38 AM
I've just stuck the db killers back in and it made no difference.

can any aprilia dealer put the map on? I'll need to check where the nearest dealer is from me, think its Falkirk but unsure.

andyperkins
06-05-2014, 10:29 AM
hi
yea same with mine luckily for me dealer only 5 minute walk from me... but had to have the ecu set for open map too once they set it on their pads machine it was awesome and a few bhp extra thrown in... all good now,

Mr.Dorso
06-05-2014, 07:39 PM
has it had demand sensor recall done?