PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something ?

Tonyramires
05-22-2014, 03:36 AM
I own an Aprilia rs 50 2005 model ,this is actually my first motorbike.Recently I had an accident driving in the rain slipped and skid on my side there is currently a bit of bodywork damage that i can easily fix myself but i noticed that there is fuel leaking from the carburetor there seems to be a spot where a small pipe should go and another spot on the engine that also seems to have a spot for a pipe but nothing is there atm.I sliped at night and quite near my house so i didn't see the leak till next time i turned it on so its very possible that some sort of pipe disconnected and got lost on the road. I ll go down to my garage after posting this to get some pics for you guys.I just want to know weather it is something i should worry about or if it is just a pipe i need to buy and connect the two spots.
If you think you know what it might be pls let me know any help with my baby is much appreciated :)252610

RS_Patrick
05-22-2014, 06:56 AM
The one on the carburator is the overflow, if you undo the screw above it you can drain the carb from there.

The one on the engine is a breather tube, its there so air can get in and out of the gearbox wen it gets warm or cools.

So no they defenatly should not be connected together.
Yoiu can hook a tube to both and run the tube to the back of the engine, near the rear fork there should be a metal loop where you can run all the overflow/breather tubes trough so fluids dont leak onto your bike but leak out there onto the ground.

The kleaking might just be from it being on its side wen you fell, are you sure its still leaking feul?

Tonyramires
05-22-2014, 11:31 AM
The overflow is the leaking one, ty so much btw when i am driving it squirts out quite a bit of fuel actually maybe i damaged the carb in some way. but there is fuel spilling out of the overflow
Ty so much for the information

RS_Patrick
05-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Might be that something managed to get into into the float chamber between the float needle and its seat so it doesnt cut off the fuelsuply into the carb anymore wen the floatchamber is full.

I would just take the carb off and give it a good clean, that will probaly fix the problem.