PDA

View Full Version : RX50 2001 AM6 engine Specifications Needed for UK Registration

graycuk
05-14-2014, 11:21 AM
HI,
I am a newbie to this forum. I bought a 2001 RX50 which has sat in dry storage for 13 years. The clock has 57Km on it and it looks like new.. I am completing a UK DVLA registration form in order to get it registered. Can anyone point me to the full specifications for this motorcycle? I have wheelbase length and width which I found in the user manual but what I am missing is the Max Net power (kW) , Unladen Weight, Power/Weight Ratio (kW/kg) , co2 emissions etc. If someone with a similar age bike could take a look at their UK DVLA V5 reg document al these figures will be on there..
I would really appreciate any help here! Thanks in advance..

PS: Changed gear oil, brake fluid, spark plug, battery, cleaned carb , air filter. She runs like a dream. Just hoping those oild seals hold up.

Zav
05-14-2014, 05:01 PM
HI,
I am a newbie to this forum. I bought a 2001 RX50 which has sat in dry storage for 13 years. The clock has 57Km on it and it looks like new.. I am completing a UK DVLA registration form in order to get it registered. Can anyone point me to the full specifications for this motorcycle? I have wheelbase length and width which I found in the user manual but what I am missing is the Max Net power (kW) , Unladen Weight, Power/Weight Ratio (kW/kg) , co2 emissions etc. If someone with a similar age bike could take a look at their UK DVLA V5 reg document al these figures will be on there..

PS: Changed gear oil, brake fluid, spark plug, battery, cleaned carb , air filter. She runs like a dream. Just hoping those oild seals hold up.

I can get you this info tomoz as logbooks at other house

RS_Patrick
05-15-2014, 04:28 AM
Dont they put it on a Dyno them selfs? thats what they do here.

If you need/get the info it has to be from a <2001 bike.

Spudgun60
05-15-2014, 11:08 AM
I take it that this was originally a foreign plated bike? Did the bike come from inside the EU? Are there any documents with the bike? I ask this because I had to Register my Indian market Enfield with the DVLA 4 years ago. If you haven't got the relevant documents, you're on a hiding to nothing.

There is always the Zero option. Buy a frame with a V5 and rebuild the bike with it.

Zav
05-15-2014, 11:10 AM
HI,

Ive looked at all 4 of my aprilia 50s v5 and none of them have these details filled in just blank only one that does is my 2008 rs and that's no use to you as totally different bike and engine

RS_Patrick
05-15-2014, 11:46 AM
If its a Forgein bike and you dont have the ducuments for it you might have a problem like Spud said... probably is gonna cost you a fortune, and the bike needs atleast the headlight changed if its from a right hand side driving country.

graycuk
05-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Hi All, thanks for the info. Its actually a UK bike. The frame is stamped as a UK build. It passed its MOT so I am one step closer. Since posting this Aprilia customer services have come up trumphs. I sent them over the engine number and they were able to provide a ton more info. Will let you know how I get on..

Spudgun60
05-16-2014, 02:42 PM
Phew. That's a relief. Sounds like you've got a UK bike where the Registration has been lost. Getting an age related Registration shouldn't be a problem. It will cost 55 to get it Registered at the DVLA. Then there's the 17 for the Tax disc. My only fear that the frame number might show up at the DVLA as being from a stolen bike.