PDA

View Full Version : Great day out in Oz (also posted in Tuono forum)

Thunder fighter
06-06-2004, 05:37 AM
What a great day.

It is winter down here now and other than commuting I haven't had a good ride for months. It was fine and clear today and after spending the morning adjusting the chain, checking and cleaning the crap from the weeks of commuting (and rain) off the bike, went for a great ride.

A mate on a TL1000 and I went for a ride up in the hills around Melboune. We did the Kangaroo grounds, Yarra Glen, Healsville, Kinglake, Kangaroo grounds loop. Everything from open sweepers to really tight switchbacks, with the slowest corner advised at 15kph (9mph), but lots of 35-40kph (21-24mph).

Saw 2 Tuono's today, a new record. Both were going the other way so I didn't get to talk to them. One was the older red colour and the other was a real R, I think. It may have been a magnet grey like mine but it is real hard to tell when you are cranked over in a slow corner and only see the bike for a split second.

Now to cap it off I am sitting in front of the TV watching the MotoGP. 125's finished and 250's and 500's to come. :D

Fox
06-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Thunder fighter
What a great day.

It is winter down here now and other than commuting I haven't had a good ride for months. It was fine and clear today and after spending the morning adjusting the chain, checking and cleaning the crap from the weeks of commuting (and rain) off the bike, went for a great ride.

A mate on a TL1000 and I went for a ride up in the hills around Melboune. We did the Kangaroo grounds, Yarra Glen, Healsville, Kinglake, Kangaroo grounds loop. Everything from open sweepers to really tight switchbacks, with the slowest corner advised at 15kph (9mph), but lots of 35-40kph (21-24mph).

Saw 2 Tuono's today, a new record. Both were going the other way so I didn't get to talk to them. One was the older red colour and the other was a real R, I think. It may have been a magnet grey like mine but it is real hard to tell when you are cranked over in a slow corner and only see the bike for a split second.

Now to cap it off I am sitting in front of the TV watching the MotoGP. 125's finished and 250's and 500's to come. :D

That's what it's all about eh mate? :)

How good was the motogp! Rossi is incredible. And wasnt it great to see Shakey mixing it with the big boys there for a few laps :)

Thunder fighter
06-07-2004, 05:44 AM
Yep, actually saw an Aprilia after the first corner for once. :rolleyes:

Great race, both before and after the rain. 125's was a cracker as well. Don't want to put spoiler in before people have a chance to watch their tapes.