PDA

View Full Version : AF1 lowering links

cavman 69
05-12-2014, 08:12 AM
I am thinking about using the AF1 lowering links on my T. for those of you that have installed them, what are your thoughts? if my bike was an inch lower it would make life much easier for my 29" inseam legs.....cavman

laker213
05-13-2014, 12:36 AM
Since I haven't had a bike yet that I could be flat footed on, I had considered the lowering links just to make parking lots and backing out of the garage a little easier. Took my bike to the local suspension guru, Roger Albert, at On Road Off Road and he talked me out of it, saying he only does it in rare cases like when a 5'1" girl is on an R1, etc. He claims lowering a bike compromises the handling and since he's the expert I went with his recommendation. He went on to explain how the Tuonos were sent from the factory with a similar set up as the RSVR even though the riding positions are different. In the end he stiffened up the rear spring quite a bit and swapped one of the front springs from a 1.0 to a 0.9 so it functions at 0.95. With the stiffer rear spring I left with a bike that was just a bit taller afterwards! A year later I'm used to it and glad I didn't get the lowering links.

I realize that got a bit off topic but I can't sleep and have nothing better to do than lay here and type. Good luck

fnfalman
05-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Bah!!! I have 29" inseam and I've been one-footing the Tuono and the KTM Adventure all these years.

1Philm
08-04-2014, 01:03 PM
I just bought 2014 Tuono. 29" inseam. Thought about lowering. I know the factory has geometry set for a reason. I do not want to mess up the bike by lowering. Any other feedback?

Number7s
06-14-2017, 07:24 AM
just wanted to resurrect this thread.