PDA

View Full Version : Trading my DD for a Tuono v4 APRC

extreme67
05-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Hi guys!
I am thinking of trading my DD for a Tuono, i tested the Tuono and i likeīt it, but i love my DD 1200 :peace:
Did anyone go from DD to Tuono and what did u think about it. Any feedback is appreciated. Pros and cons.

Best regards Micke

deanri
05-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Didn't trade one in. Just got the Tuono in January and the Dorso last May. I like them both for different reasons. Can't go wrong with either. However, the power delivery of the Tuono makes the Dorso feel tame, in my opinion. The leg room on Dorso is a lot more comfortable, obviously. They both drink fuel like nobody's business. Both can bring out the hooligan in you.

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn365/SPAZ8691/20140505_204405_zpsedc0550e.jpg

duck21
05-06-2014, 12:07 AM
i owned a Tuono for 2.5 years and just moved to the Dorsoduro 1200. In a nut shell the Tuono is the bike if you get to ride long sweeping corners and can really enjoy a bike that really is a naked superbike. If you get to mostly do urban riding or tight and twisty back roads then i think the DD is the best choice.
Nothing can prepare you for how awesome the Tuono is. It is absolutely brilliant. I think the only reason you would buy a DD is if it suits your type of riding because the Tuono is the better bike in just about every way...but the DD is SOOOOOO much fun to ride and it is BRILLIANT on tight and bumpy roads (which the Tuono is not quite as good).

All that said i bought the DD, selling my Tuono. My reason, i rarely get out to hammer on open roads where i can use my Tuono properly. For me the DD is the best bike because in the mostly urban riding i get to do its so much fun. Jumping speed humps, wheelies, riding where ever i want, jumping off gutters. Do i regret selling my Tuono, yeh sometimes. I miss the massive power, that amazing engine noise, the narrower bars for lane spliting but i wouldn't change my choice.

extreme67
05-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Thankīs guys for the input, i am picking upp the tuono on sunday :-) hopfully i have a great summer with it.

Micke

lanter
05-07-2014, 06:22 PM
TV4 is an awesome machine! Let us know how you like it. :)

extreme67
05-08-2014, 10:38 AM
I will do that :-)

extreme67
05-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Now i got my tuono :-)
I didnīt drive it so much yet, but the ride i did felt very sweeeeeeet :-) it does ingage u to drive much faster than with the DD.
And i must say i love the bike so far, i mean i tought the DD was a fast bike but this one scares the hell out of me.

Micke

rickny
05-16-2014, 06:39 AM
Hallo Micke, you were caught on camera yesterday not just once, but twice. here they are, for the rest of you to see Mike on his new bike.:banana:

//Rickny