PDA

View Full Version : Engine issue - please help

luzik
05-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Something is wrong with my new Dorsoduro 1200 (2012 version).

Sometimes when i twist my wrist from engine running on idle RPM - it choke ..today in a way to work, engine turn off twice ! No errors on dashboards, no errors on ecu (i use guzzidiag). My idle RPM is about 1500RPM.

Any ideas what can be wrong ?
Please ..write even most stupid ones.

My Aprilia dealer is 400km from me ..so this is at least two day trip :-(
So maybe with your help we can manage this problem together ? :-)
Just please send some ideas ..i will check things.

I bought my second dorsoduro 1200 about two weeks ago and it have now 4000 km. Previous owner told me about upgrading software in 2013.06.

Mr.Dorso
05-06-2014, 01:02 AM
Sounds like a sensor or mapping issue and only a dealer can fix, there was a recall on the demand sensor for 2012 model, do you know if that was replaced?

luzik
05-06-2014, 02:06 AM
"NO recall campaigns are pending for this vehicle" :-(
Today morning it dies only ones ..progress :-P :-(

spank36
05-06-2014, 03:25 AM
Have you contracted your dealer to see if they know what our might be?

luzik
05-06-2014, 03:45 AM
Have you contracted your dealer to see if they know what our might be?
Yes - he said that i have to take my bike to them :-/

I use this guzzidiag ..i checked for air temp. , pressure, engine temp sensor ..all seems ok :-/

Mr.Dorso
05-06-2014, 05:52 AM
The guzzidiag can not pickup if o2 sensor diode is faulty dealer told me.. Maybe order new o2 sensor and try replacing? If guzzidiag says demand sensor is all ok, maybe it's o2 sensor...?

luzik
05-06-2014, 05:57 AM
o2 sensor is that little one in airbox ?

what does o2 sensor read ?

o2 temp ? pressure ? or lambda sensor ?

Mr.Dorso
05-08-2014, 04:34 PM
lambda sensor is the one, have had 2 replaced on my bike, dealer went to replace a 3rd recently and they said it was the new arrow mapping that was the issue and changed mapping to current stock map and running better, dealer said Aprilia sent another lambda sensor so they will replace again just to be sure, bringing it in next week

Mike06
04-13-2015, 08:47 AM
Hi Luzik, did you try to change a sensor ? I still have the same issue...

luzik
04-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Yes, i tryed ..lambda sensor swap didn't help. It is not an issue.

I have an question to you ..did you ever had situation that while starting engine it pause for a second or two ?

Mike06
04-13-2015, 10:45 AM
No pause but sometimes it stalls, especially when it's cold.
I've order the rear cylinder air pressure sensor (ref 642302), I'll tell you if it changes something...

luzik
04-13-2015, 10:47 AM
I have problems with rear cylinder for shure.
Do not forgot to write ! :)

Conorian
04-13-2015, 11:03 AM
first change your spark plugs, i have no problem with my engine but after spark replace it works much better. If this does not help, check air filter.

a jak coś to pw :P

Mike06
04-13-2015, 11:46 AM
Spark plugs and air filter brand new !

xactoman
04-14-2015, 07:54 AM
I have this problem too. It seems like a compression/fuel issue. Blip the throttle at idle and it chokes on something and kills. Had the problem much more in stock trim. Now that I put an aftermarket exhaust on I don't get it. I felt a hiccup this morning but it powered right through it. Do you think it has something to do with exhaust back pressure or some sort of backfire into the cylinder?

Mike06
04-14-2015, 12:10 PM
I have problems with rear cylinder for shure.
Do not forgot to write ! :)

Rear cylinder air pressure sensor changed : still backfires...:mad:

Mike06
04-14-2015, 12:18 PM
I have this problem too. It seems like a compression/fuel issue. Blip the throttle at idle and it chokes on something and kills. Had the problem much more in stock trim. Now that I put an aftermarket exhaust on I don't get it. I felt a hiccup this morning but it powered right through it. Do you think it has something to do with exhaust back pressure or some sort of backfire into the cylinder?
I have the problem much more in stock trim too but still there with Leovince exhausts, DNA air filter stage 2 and fatduc...

luzik
04-14-2015, 12:46 PM
Oh noo :-(
Did you used guzzidiag ?
maybe you should do 'calibrate' after sensor swap ?
lets do some sumup

what did not helped:
- spark plugs
- air filter (on my video you can see that there is no filter at all :))
- lambda sensor
- air pressure sensor
- valve clerance
- fatduc
- 03.2013 map

the only thing left is some timing issue but i don't know how to bite this :/

Maybe we should do a trip to Noale in this summer :)

Mike06
04-14-2015, 01:13 PM
I don't have Guzzidiag but I don't think we have to calibrate for a sensor swap.
Please Aprilia we need a new map !!!

xactoman
04-14-2015, 02:42 PM
It's interesting that the Caponord doesn't have this problem. I wonder if it's a trait of the Dorso being in a hotter state of tune. More compression, more timing advance.

It's almost like an old vacuum carb where it isn't pulling air in fast enough and chokes on itself. Has anyone noticed it using the different Modes. I feel like mine did it more in Sport, but since I never ride it in Rain, I can't confirm this.

Mike06
04-15-2015, 02:14 AM
I also think the timing advance is bad.

I tried to ride in S and T modes : same problem but I never ride it in Rain mode...

duck21
06-13-2015, 04:16 PM
I had this problem.

My bike had a faulty Air Sensor and a Faulty Exhaust sensor.

You need to replace the air sensor and you can disconnect the exhaust one.

luzik
06-14-2015, 04:35 AM
I had this problem.

My bike had a faulty Air Sensor and a Faulty Exhaust sensor.

You need to replace the air sensor and you can disconnect the exhaust one.

Could you be more specific about what was wrong with your dorso ?

duck21
06-14-2015, 06:07 AM
1st was the air sensor.

This would make is so when the bike was cold it wouldn't let it rev over 6000rpm. It was like back to when the bike was rev restricted before the 1st services. it would also idle down to stalling if i let it.

The exhaust sensor issue presented with really rough miss fires leaving the line, poor idle again and flatness through the rev range. Disconnecting the exhaust sensor honestly made the bike pull harder and smoother through the whole rev range and Aprilia Australia recommended disconnecting it and leaving it.

Mike06
06-15-2015, 01:22 AM
What did you disconnect ? The lambda sensor ? If yes, no warning light on the dashboard ?

MichielK
06-23-2015, 08:41 PM
Yes, i tryed ..lambda sensor swap didn't help. It is not an issue.

I have an question to you ..did you ever had situation that while starting engine it pause for a second or two ?

yes i did several time..