PDA

View Full Version : Arrow cans + baffles out = bliss!

Raiderfan
05-05-2014, 02:53 AM
Got some Arrow cans fitted on Saturday, and, obviously, took the baffles out at the first opportunity. The Dorso finally sounds as good as it rides and looks. Who on earth thinks they're too loud?! Seriously, guys, this is a Dorso 1200 we're talking about here, a monster supermoto. Being loud is our sworn and sacred duty...

Sunny day in Surrey today, so I'm off to set off some car alarms, make dogs bark and children cry;).

spank36
05-06-2014, 03:28 AM
They do sound great! Baffles in on a v twin is sacrilege

Raiderfan
05-06-2014, 03:43 PM
I knew they were loud, Spank, but seriously pleased you could hear them in Oz!

Baffles on a v-twin are, indeed sacrilege. The Dorsoduro might even sound better than my Buell used to...and that really is saying something.

duck21
05-06-2014, 07:12 PM
When i got my bike the Arrows were already fitted. No way my bike was going to touch the ground with a nice set of cans. When they wheeled it out it had the baffles still in. I instantly looked at the Aprilia Sales guy and said..."seriously...DB killers? Remove them straight away thanks"

I filled up with fuel this morning and gave it a bit of a rev when i started it before i put my helmet on. It actually hurt my ear its that loud LOLOL. It doesn't sound too loud when you are riding because its under tail mounted, but it is SUPER loud.

Raiderfan
05-16-2014, 06:57 AM
I've never been able to part traffic like I can now: cars pull over even if they're 100 yards ahead. :D

And it gets attention like you wouldn't believe, which, for a full-on attention-whore is precisely the point! I do wonder how long it will be before it gets the wrong kind of attention, but I try to keep the revs down as I go past our local police station...

Another good thing? It drowns out that hideous IL4 whining when you're out on a ride with the crotch-rocket brigade.

So all good.

Mike06
05-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Too loud for me with the baffles out on the Leos ! Maybe because they are decat ?