PDA

View Full Version : rizoma 005/010 handlebars

cavman 69
04-24-2014, 12:57 PM
I'm looking both the 005 and 010 bar to replace the stockers. I would like something a little narrower. Has anybody cut the rizomas down, and if so how much can you cut off and still bolt everything back on the bar? thanks.....cavman

SquireSCA
04-24-2014, 04:48 PM
I too am looking at what replacement bars are out there that can still be comfortable, but maybe make it easier to hang off the bike a little, etc...

The ergos on this bike are a little weird. Feels kinda like my 1198 from by butt and legs point of view, but more like my Speed Triple from the arms and wrists. So at times it feels good, but when I get into the twisties I want it to stay composed, but make it easier to ride there.

Any ideas?

The Duc Monster 1100 bar is a nice bend, so are some of the Pro-Tapers...

Would love to see what bar is the best "all around" bar that is better than stock...

BlackT5
04-25-2014, 01:36 PM
I have the 010 on my bike and like them a lot. They appear to be a replica of the Ducati Streetfigher bar for which I was prepared to pay over $200 when I found them in the Rizoma catalog. They are the exact same width as the stock Tuono bar. Where it gets weird is they look wider than stock once on the bike. I did a double take with a tape measure after a friend told me for sure that they were wider just to prove him wrong. It looks like I could cut a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch off each side. I'm more than likely not going to do it.

Here is a link to my write up: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?265760-Rizoma-Handlebars-on-the-Tuono&highlight=bars

SquireSCA
04-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Tried the Pro-Taper Henry/Reed bar today. Felt ok but it is 2" wider than stock and you really have no extra bar to cut off, and it really stretches the cables and controls to the point that they rub and pull tight when you turn the bars, so I went back to stock and will return them to Cycle Gear...

bloodnutt
04-26-2014, 01:31 AM
Has anybody cut the rizomas down, and if so how much can you cut off and still bolt everything back on the bar? thanks.....cavman

I got a machinist mate to cut 10mm of either side of my Rizomas. We decided that any more than 10mm would make it hard to fit the controls.
He then drilled and tapped them so that I could refit the bar ends.
I used the bars uncut for a while without bar end weights. To much vibration.

cavman 69
04-26-2014, 02:25 PM
I got a machinist mate to cut 10mm of either side of my Rizomas. We decided that any more than 10mm would make it hard to fit the controls.
He then drilled and tapped them so that I could refit the bar ends.
I used the bars uncut for a while without bar end weights. To much vibration.

where they the 005 or 010 bars. I think the 005's are the shorter of the two.

bloodnutt
04-26-2014, 10:01 PM
I'm not to sure cavman.