PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust valve

ChrisHall
04-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Anyone know in which direction, clockwise or anticlockwise (as viewed from the pulley side) opens the exhaust valve?

Thanks

Globalone
04-17-2014, 04:17 PM
will get back in to you in the morning

ChrisHall
04-20-2014, 02:01 AM
Thanks Globalone. Have you had chance to check the valve yet?

Globalone
04-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Sorry Bank holiday weekend syndrome.

OK valve is spring loaded open 249310249311the lower cable turns valve clockwise to close

ChrisHall
04-20-2014, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the photos!

What is the best method for disconnecting the cables? I want to try running it with the valve fully open.

AussieMat
04-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the photos!

What is the best method for disconnecting the cables? I want to try running it with the valve fully open.

when I tried mine without the valve I removed the cables from the electric motor. There was a video on the GPR exhaust site that showed how to do it.
i reconnected after a while as it made a awful whistling noise with the arrow slip on.

Capo1200
04-21-2014, 03:24 PM
I tried disconnecting the cables today, as per the GPR instructions (Mine still has the standard exhaust). Definitely more noise at idle and at city speeds, which I guess proved the valve is doing its job.
I thought it ran quite a bit better, engine was smoother with less vibration. After 8 miles the EFI light came on. I refitted the cables and after about 20 miles the EFI light went off. The reason for the EFI light was obvious - the stepper motor moved to a position outside of the acceptable range.

I think I'll ask DWR to set the valve open via the ECU and run it for a few weeks and see if I like it

Globalone
04-22-2014, 04:16 AM
I tried disconnecting the cables today, as per the GPR instructions (Mine still has the standard exhaust). Definitely more noise at idle and at city speeds, which I guess proved the valve is doing its job.
I thought it ran quite a bit better, engine was smoother with less vibration. After 8 miles the EFI light came on. I refitted the cables and after about 20 miles the EFI light went off. The reason for the EFI light was obvious - the stepper motor moved to a position outside of the acceptable range.

I think I'll ask DWR to set the valve open via the ECU and run it for a few weeks and see if I like it

My light also comes on after about 10 miles but others say no problem with the GPR ??
My exhaust valve drive motor also makes some horrendous noises and runs for far to long when engine is stopped but ignition is on.

beeney
04-22-2014, 04:20 PM
the multistrada had several options,such as turning off in the ecu,an aftermarket plug in was available from america which meant you could remove the motor and cables,another option was mivvi,which used a spring fitted to the exhaust valve cable to provide cable tension,you could use the cable adjuster to alter the tension on the spring to fool the motor.i bought the arrow to get round this,but ironically i'm taking it back to dealer for a second time due to efi errors.they have a customer with a gpr and they cant get it to stop the efi errors either,so hopefully someone will come up with a solution

keithc
05-11-2014, 01:42 PM

OK valve is spring loaded open 249310249311the lower cable turns valve clockwise to close

Looks like you have a cable thats snapped off, both have gone on my bike. Taking bike to teh dealer on Thursday for them to look and to make sure thats all that has brought up the EFI light so I can use it for my hols on the IOM.

Keith C

Globalone
05-11-2014, 02:56 PM
This worked for 400 miles around Scotland last week

dadsafrantic
05-12-2014, 11:37 PM

i wish my bike still looked that new. i'm so jealous.