PDA

View Full Version : Just rode one. Bring money.

ttraynor
04-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Pretty impressive/fast for a 106 HP at rear wheels bike that is way heavier than my KTM SMT 990 (and is tuned to 119 RWHP). Suspension ride two up over railroad tracks is sublime. Very composed, sophisticated and smooth--tranny, engine--all of it--compared to my rowdy SMT. Longer ride may bring up some issues but not much to complain about. Could be lighter, I guess.

If looking for a sport tourer--do as title suggests: Bring money!

Hate to say it this way--but i will let the atrocious Aprillia depreciation settle in and look for a used one in a year or two--as I am saddled with the thought of the equally atrocious KTM depreciation.

nisbeam
04-09-2014, 01:49 PM
You're quite right. The same here in the UK. I paid over 12k but now worth about 8k (or less due to the mileage) in just under a year :-(

Nolz
04-10-2014, 04:45 AM
I know that feeling. That's how I ended up with one :)

mathew
04-10-2014, 11:08 AM
I am really not fussed about the deprecation as i plan to have the bike 5 years if not longer.

keithc
04-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Same here. Road one had to have one, got one.

idiakez
04-10-2014, 07:38 PM
I never did got a test ride. Already decided to get the bike even before it reach Singapore. Am loving every minute riding it to and fro from work. And not forgetting touring up north!

chrisu
04-16-2014, 05:49 AM
2013 model with ADD now about 10500 in the UK. Unregistered.

And yes even then I expect significant depreciation as soon as it turns a wheel.

RSTman
04-16-2014, 06:22 AM
2013 model with ADD now about 10500 in the UK. Unregistered.

And yes even then I expect significant depreciation as soon as it turns a wheel.

I have to keep this bike for the foreseeable having paid 12k for mine last September. I bought a Futura new in 04 at a huge discount making it an absolute bargain. Cost less than 3K in depreciation over 5 years and 22k miles. Looks like the Capo has lost more than that in less than a year!

Micah / AF1 Racing
04-16-2014, 08:11 PM
I'm taking one out this weekend for a two up extended demo...I'm really liking the new Capo so far!

fredaroony
04-16-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm taking one out this weekend for a two up extended demo...I'm really liking the new Capo so far!

Setting the suspension to level 4 works much better for me when two up although it's worth you trying both ways.

idiakez
04-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Got a friend of mine to try out my Capo and now his hooked! Muahahahahahahah! :devil:

Micah / AF1 Racing
04-17-2014, 09:23 AM
People must be seriously liking the new 1200cc, we are having a very hard time keeping them in stock, it's been a while since we've had a hit like this from Aprilia. Hoping for bad weather this weekend, good for storm chasing, but just in case it ends up being nice a red Capo 1200 is reserved.

Mr Pope
04-18-2014, 02:01 AM
Good news for you though Micah?

caseynashvegas
04-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Just got back from a 2 hour demo ride. Want want want!

Nolz
04-19-2014, 06:53 PM
So what's stopping you? ;)

Abandoned Track
04-19-2014, 09:57 PM
Questions for you new Caponard owners. I took this one for a test ride today.
1. How does the fuel gage work? It looks like there are 5 bars, but not sure what it means when you are on the last bar. Is there any other indicator that you are down to your last gallon? or distance to empty?
2. There are 3 headlight bulbs. I think the outer 2 are on for low beam. But switching to high beam only the center beam comes on?
3. Is there an auxiliary DC plug for accessories?
4. It is advertised that a full coverage helmet will fit in the luggage case, but my Schuberth C3 would not fit. It was very close.
5. To open the luggage case seems like a weird combination of key and latch.
6. Seems like the top of the windshield vibrates a lot. I expected a short windshield like that to be more stable.

My test ride was short, but I really liked the bike. The seat seemed very comfortable for a stock seat. Everything seemed to fit me, handlebar position, foot peg location.
Standing on the pegs was very easy.
Not much vibration for a v-twin.

ChrisHall
04-20-2014, 02:08 AM
Q1. The fuel gauge is not linear.
A rough guide:
About 35 miles on the 1st bar
About 20 miles on the remaining bars except the last bar which is about 60 miles.
when the last bar has gone you're on "reserve". The fuel light comes on and the fuel trip meter will appear on the dash. This has about 7-8 litres left, so anything up to 70 odd miles.

Mr Pope
04-20-2014, 02:34 AM
Q2 - A quick rewire job sorts that out to get all 3 working on full beam (the middle light is crap though)
Q3 - Can be bought separately
Q4 - Nope, you can't. Buy a Givi top case or, if you have the money & time to wait, buy the OE one
Q5 - That's the way that Givi work so no biggie
Q6 - Does, it? Can't say I'd noticed as I was having to much fun riding rather than worrying about things...

caseynashvegas
04-20-2014, 07:41 AM
So what's stopping you? ;)

I am doing it after my family vacation this summer if I have the funds for a cash purchase. I've vowed never to finance a car or bike again because I tend to trade/buy both all to frequently. Big question here, what is the current otd price everyone is getting?

Nolz
04-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Good on ya, very wise. I Look forward to that post you make once you've taken delivery.

dadsafrantic
04-23-2014, 07:09 PM
I hope to ride it for 150k usm. i'm not too worried about resale or depreciation.

dadsafrantic
04-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Questions for you new Caponard owners. I took this one for a test ride today.
1. How does the fuel gage work? It looks like there are 5 bars, but not sure what it means when you are on the last bar. Is there any other indicator that you are down to your last gallon? or distance to empty?
2. There are 3 headlight bulbs. I think the outer 2 are on for low beam. But switching to high beam only the center beam comes on?
3. Is there an auxiliary DC plug for accessories?
4. It is advertised that a full coverage helmet will fit in the luggage case, but my Schuberth C3 would not fit. It was very close.
5. To open the luggage case seems like a weird combination of key and latch.
6. Seems like the top of the windshield vibrates a lot. I expected a short windshield like that to be more stable.

My test ride was short, but I really liked the bike. The seat seemed very comfortable for a stock seat. Everything seemed to fit me, handlebar position, foot peg location.
Standing on the pegs was very easy.
Not much vibration for a v-twin.

just buy it and be done.