PDA

View Full Version : Fairing inquiry

Reconalex48
04-07-2014, 08:55 PM
I know this will generate a lot of wtf's, but I've been curious for a while and searched for the answer unsuccessfully.
I want to know if RSV fairings would fit on a Tuono, I've heard of a lot of guys going from rsv to Tuono but not the other way around.
I understand, if I like fairings I COULD HAVE Bought an rsv, I got my Tuono factory from a buddy, meaning I got it for a very very good price, and ever since have fallen for the naked look, BUT I still do love the full fairing look and would prob spend the time switching back and forth.

GreaseSnake
04-08-2014, 03:12 AM
I knowand is will generate a lot of wtf's, but I've been curious for a while and searched for the answer unsuccessfully.
I want to know if RSV fairings would fit on a Tuono, I've heard of a lot of guys going from rsv to Tuono but not the other way around.
I understand, if I like fairings I COULD HAVE Bought an rsv, I got my Tuono factory from a buddy, meaning I got it for a very very good price, and ever since have fallen for the naked look, BUT I still do love the full fairing look and would prob spend the time switching back and forth.

Yes, you need the front air duct with mirror brackets and frame-side mounted brackets too, then you are good to go. Headlights will fit, the Tuono clock will need some home made mount as the bolt holes don't match I think. Small details really.

redratbike
04-08-2014, 06:40 AM
Your bike do what you want ..

I know someone who bought a clean tuono and converted it... Gen1 though

They are basically the same bike

Reconalex48
04-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Awesome. Also, being that I have an 08 Tuono, Im assuming i'll have to work with 08-09 RSV fairings only, or do the 04/05 fairings have same mounting points?

Reconalex48
04-08-2014, 05:06 PM
"The 04-05's had one piece sides, 06 onwards two piece but all the mounts are the same." Can someone confirm this?

Tdawg
04-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Correct on the side panels. You may need a couple mount bits here and there. And the front fearing and support are different as mentioned above.

I've done something like this, should give you ideas. http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?281184-04-RSV-Factory-project-bike-Tuono-ized&highlight=Tuono-ize

Dan M
04-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Quite possibly there are people here who have done the reverse and have all the parts to sell.

g00gl3it
04-09-2014, 12:40 PM
I could be mistaken, but I thought the fairing swap required some modification of the handlebars - but maybe that's only if you're going RSVR > Tuono, not the other way around.

Skinning instead of dressing :-)

Reconalex48
04-10-2014, 10:05 AM
I no longer have the stock handle bar on the bike, the handlebars shouldn't be an issue, just need to figure out the front fairing mess..

lospsi
04-10-2014, 11:24 AM
it's all the same (as for mounting points), choose as you like for fairings.
(as GreaseSnake already said)

Reconalex48
05-01-2014, 11:20 AM
OK, update, I got all the fairings in, decided to keep my rear fairing instead of the new one, but as for the side fairings and front fairing I am now starting to tackle the mounting. I Am waiting for all of the front body duct parts to come in so can't mount the front yet, but as for the side fairings, are there any mounting points(to the bike itself not to other fairing components) besides the 2 down by the kickstand? I'm trying to figure out if the RSV had different mounting points on the frame than the tuono