PDA

View Full Version : Gel from hell

Locky
04-04-2014, 05:02 AM
I bought a gel seat from our hosts stuck it on my bike and of I went thinking happy bum thoughts...wrong.Made a stop to get something and noticed the seat was sticking up,it had popped open so I gave it a solid push on and it was down firm enough that I couldn't pry it on with my fingers and back to riding but again when I got home the seat was open again.I checked everything it seemed ok but I figured I'd do some testing around the parking lot for the pool where I live and found if I hit the brakes hard or a bump the seat opened.I bought a 750 dorso seat with the plans of putting a gel pad in it first but the one from af1 was such a good price and probably less than everything would of cost for me to make one,but at least I had 2 seats to compare the gel to that I know work fine.Turned out the gel seats pin was thinner than the stock and 750 seat 11.60 vs 11.85.Seems now I'm getting the Texas 2 step about the seat not fitting.I guess universal fit means not my bike.I'll end up pulling 2 seats apart to make one a gel seat that works put it's going to cost about 3 time what it would of cost to just turn the 750 seat into a gel seat.The pleasures of shopping by mail...................................:spankie:

lanter
04-04-2014, 09:56 AM
There Is a thread on the seat popping up and an easy fix. Do a quick search :)

Locky
04-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Thanks Lanter I missed it with my first search but now I know there is one I'll try again.Just so there's no misunderstanding AF1 have been more than helpful to solve this by two step
I was referring to the fact that they passed me through 3 people with the next one not seeming to know what was talked about to the one before but they have tried everything possible to make sure I end with a seat that works.

lanter
04-04-2014, 12:16 PM
A couple of washers under the latch should take care of it.