PDA

View Full Version : Smog removal

TheBuilder
04-01-2014, 07:10 AM
Hey all, has anyone removed / blocked the smog junk on their bikes? Ive done it on my last two bikes and it makes a big differance on decell as far as popping throught the exhaust if you have slip ons. Just curious if anyone has done it on the Dorso yet and if you have noticed any differance?

Cheers

xactoman
04-01-2014, 09:42 AM
I just got my Dorso 12 last week and the dealer STRONGLY recommended that I remove the EVAP system. They said in their experience that it gives the bike better fueling and throttle response; not to mention stops the tank swelling. I rode mine with the system on and it was kind of surging at low RPM and it did pop on decel. Took off the EVAP can and valve, extended the drain hose and plugged the vacuum line. Bike seems to run much better and the surging is gone. I guess it's staying that way :) Bike is still a bit burbly on decel, but it's a big motor, that happens.

dfriz
04-01-2014, 10:20 AM
I always take off that ugly stuff on all my Bikes:cheers:

TheBuilder
04-02-2014, 12:01 PM
There is a bit of a miss understanding perhaps. The EVAP stuff I get, it's just to remove fuel vapors from the system.
I'm referring to the valve assembly that is on the back of the air box with the tubes that run to the valve covers. Yes I assume it's drawing oil vapor ect. From the engine and basically burning it off but they usually use the same system to draw fresh air into the exhaust system to meet emission standards. The Suzukis and Yamahas I've had do this and it makes a big difference when tuning the air fuel ratio and the lean conditions usually found on deceleration hence the popping and farting you typically hear on a lot of bikes. However I'm not sure if this is what they are actually doing on the Dorso.
So if anyone has an idea of what I'm trying to say let me know. It may not be the best description of the situation.