PDA

View Full Version : Some measurements

Locky
03-11-2014, 11:38 AM
If one of you guys knows or your working on your bike could you measure the OD of the pipe into the can or the ID of the can pipe.If your wondering why I don't take my lazy but and pull mine apart and measure it it's because I wasn't paying attention shutting my garage door and got two of my fingers caught in it as it closed. When you see clutch or brake levers for sale they say long or short so what are the stock ones long or short or maybe in between and how much longer
are the ones sold as long than the stock ones?

trainman
03-12-2014, 12:44 PM
stock ones over here are the silver colour longer ones - about 150mm from centre of span wheel adjuster to end of lever, I also got given the black short ones the previous guy had bought, about 35mm shorter (they also have adjusters), when I had a test run the black ones were on and the clutch was def worse to pull than it is now! soon got the stock ones back on.

Locky
03-14-2014, 09:03 AM
Aprilia missed the bus with the clutch pull on the DD1200 love the bike but hate getting stuck in traffic on it and there's no need for it today,you pull the clutch on the big power bikes like the busa and the big Zed their a lot lighter and if it was about cost again the clutch is lighter on the cheaper models.There must be someone out there with enough knowledge about hydraulics to come up with a fix.

keithdavisau
03-15-2014, 08:35 PM
I havent done it but brembo make an adjustable clutch master cylinder, it adjusts the amount of fluid via leverage point change i have one on my other bike there a nice product might be worth a look at.

Locky
03-16-2014, 11:12 AM
I have seen them for sale and have thought about getting one and if I was sure it would work I would.I still want to get a steering damper and an exhaust so Im trying not to waste money (any more ) on things that might fit the bike if you know what I mean.Or else I'm going to have to wear my helmet round the house to keep the wife from denting a pan on my head.If you hear of anyone trying one and it lightens the pull I would love to hear about it