PDA

View Full Version : caponord 1200 dont believe the salesman

bazthebike
03-07-2014, 03:05 PM
hi all, ive recently had the misfortune of buying through main dealer. because i was 270 miles away i bought 1200tp ex demo expecting (foolishly) to be spoke to honestly. My criteria was HANDBOOK/SERVICE BOOK/2 KEYS/V5 OR GREEN SLIP/TAX DISC. the nice man,(r) confirmed all was in order.also evidence of 2 update maps installed. i paid for bike on 25/01/14, bike delivered on 12/02/14 with 2 keys and handbook thats not in english.after numerous phonecalls and waiting 2-3 days 4/5/6 march now for ther signed for parcel ive recieved copy tax disc,green slip left blank and handbok in english. another phone call says dont worry ive ordered new service book, we will stamp it up and post it. when i telephoned dvla on 05/03/14 they could confirm they had NOT recieved v5. :pissed:This is the most expensive bike i have ever bought and the worst customer service. this has left a bad taste and i for one WOULD NEVER DEAL WITH MOTO STRADA IN SHIPLEY AGAIN. PS STILL WAITING FOR SERVICE BOOK,(NOT WORTH WHATEVER THEY DECIDE TO WRITE IN IT). AND V5/LOGBOOK. anybody got similar experience.

Mr Pope
03-10-2014, 03:10 AM
Bad news dude. Keep on at them and they may relent...

DodgyGeezer
03-10-2014, 02:07 PM
hi all, ive recently had the misfortune of buying through main dealer. because i was 270 miles away i bought 1200tp ex demo expecting (foolishly) to be spoke to honestly. My criteria was HANDBOOK/SERVICE BOOK/2 KEYS/V5 OR GREEN SLIP/TAX DISC. the nice man,(r) confirmed all was in order.also evidence of 2 update maps installed. i paid for bike on 25/01/14, bike delivered on 12/02/14 with 2 keys and handbook thats not in english.after numerous phonecalls and waiting 2-3 days 4/5/6 march now for ther signed for parcel ive recieved copy tax disc,green slip left blank and handbok in english. another phone call says dont worry ive ordered new service book, we will stamp it up and post it. when i telephoned dvla on 05/03/14 they could confirm they had NOT recieved v5. :pissed:This is the most expensive bike i have ever bought and the worst customer service. this has left a bad taste and i for one WOULD NEVER DEAL WITH MOTO STRADA IN SHIPLEY AGAIN. PS STILL WAITING FOR SERVICE BOOK,(NOT WORTH WHATEVER THEY DECIDE TO WRITE IN IT). AND V5/LOGBOOK. anybody got similar experience.

Check you PM's. sent you a message.

saintrider1
03-12-2014, 10:01 AM
Sounds like a del boy operation, with so much pressure on bike dealers it amazes me that one can behave like this. Did they confirm that the air box/oil pipe rectification had been done ? (if it was one of the bikes that needed it).
In your position I would be having a strong word with the top man!!

bazthebike
03-12-2014, 01:00 PM
hi, saintrider, they (he) did confirm airbox mod done,allegedly. I still havnt got service book or v5. Have sent nice letter to manager. ALSO NOW FOUND O/S WHEEL ADJUSTER LOCK NUT BACK UP TO ADJUSTER BOLT, ONLY BOUT INCH FROM WHERE IT SHOULD BE AND DOING SWEET F/A. I DONT SUPPOSE I WILL GET PDI SHEET EITHER, HA HA.

saintrider1
03-13-2014, 03:46 PM
hi, saintrider, they (he) did confirm airbox mod done,allegedly. I still havnt got service book or v5. Have sent nice letter to manager. ALSO NOW FOUND O/S WHEEL ADJUSTER LOCK NUT BACK UP TO ADJUSTER BOLT, ONLY BOUT INCH FROM WHERE IT SHOULD BE AND DOING SWEET F/A. I DONT SUPPOSE I WILL GET PDI SHEET EITHER, HA HA.

Unbelievable!! The bike is not cheap as you say, so it's amazing that a dealer can operate like this.

keithc
03-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Out oof interest have you cheked with Aprilia UK to see if this is UK bike? They might even be intereested to talk to you re this dealer. Maybe he isnt going to be an Aprilia dealer for much longer.

Keith C

bazthebike
03-14-2014, 03:31 AM
hi, yes gonna contact aprilia uk. sent recorded letter last sat,waiting for reply. Rang dvla again yesterday(13th), and they say they have not received v5 for change of ownership. Have now done v62 to obtain new v5. Seems a shame as i spent years in sales jobs and would never lie to get a sale. They obviously operate on a different basis.

BigSteve
03-15-2014, 11:53 AM
:pissed:This is the most expensive bike i have ever bought and the worst customer service. this has left a bad taste and i for one WOULD NEVER DEAL WITH MOTO STRADA IN SHIPLEY AGAIN. PS STILL WAITING FOR SERVICE BOOK,(NOT WORTH WHATEVER THEY DECIDE TO WRITE IN IT). AND V5/LOGBOOK. anybody got similar experience.

Hi Baz, sorry to hear this...I was hoping to hear good things about the 1200 compaired with your old 1000 Capo...:rolleyes:

The offer still there if you want to join us in Wales next month...keep your chin up...Baz