PDA

View Full Version : Steering Damper for DD 1200 and shop manual

Locky
02-20-2014, 04:40 AM
Got my bike home,when we loaded it in the trailer at the bike shop it was the worst day we have had this winter and it hasn't gotten much better since so I haven't done a whole km on it but it's home. I'm looking for a steering damper for it.Has anyone installed one on a DD1200?What's a good one and how did you install it?Some pics would be nice.I could use a shop manual also I would feel better if I could go over the bike with a torque wrench,I found a couple of loose bolts already but I don't have any torque specs.My email is waynesmail@ymail.com.
I would like to thank you guys for the info you've provided.I'll make sure as I start to replace parts and do mods to the bike to put them on here so other can benefit from them......

Mr.Dorso
02-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Have been considering the same, GPR do one for the dorso however the bars need to be raised slightly, not sure if GPR supply the parts with the stabiliser..

Locky
02-20-2014, 09:48 PM
I've looked at them also can't make up my mind if I like that style of damper.I have a RSC Hyperpro and i love it so I'm going to take a try at mounting it first.I've ordered some brackets that look like they will work if they do I'll post the info to give others a choice.I'm going to give some pictures and drawings to an engineer that works with my son to see if he can come up with a top mount like the 750 for the hyperpro that would work and look great doing it.We'll see how that turns out. Got my first real ride on the bike and wow now I can't wait to break it in.Found my clutch kind of stiff and that seat is a like an oak plank but the rest wow...

Mr.Dorso
02-24-2014, 10:14 PM
Cool, will be great to see pics cheers. Haha it gets better and better the more you ride it, clutch is definitely heavy if it's a bit stiff try spray some silicon lube or similar maybe that will loosen it a bit. The seat is a bit hard, lucky we can stand & shake it out!