PDA

View Full Version : CRUISE CONTROL & SPEEDO Shutting Down While Cruising at 110kph

Steve-Oh!
02-17-2014, 05:46 AM
Hi Guys . . . 'Just wondered if any Capo 1200 owners have experienced this, and if so, what have you done about it. [This issue was buried in my "New Owner - 3000k Report recently posted.]

Iíve had two instances of the Cruise Control stopping altogether while rolling along at 110kph.

So the CC was engaged and I'm happily gliding along [with my right hand off the bars!], then without warning [maybe the slightest flicker of the 'red' warning light] the CC green light goes out completely, the speedo immediately went to zero / dashed lines, and of course the bike started to decelerate quickly. I jumped back on the throttle and the bike continued to motor along!

The first time I stopped fairly quickly, turned the bike off and restarted, and all was back to normal in every regard.

The second time I took 5 minutes looking for a suitable spot to pull over after leaving the freeway, but in that short timeframe I noticed the Speedo start to work again. I quickly got back to where I could test the CC and it worked fine.

These 2 instances happened weeks apart, with plenty of CC use in between & since.

I'm yet to see the mechanic on this. 'Just biding my time to better assess what happens & how it rights itself when it [inevitably] happens again.

ChrisHall
02-17-2014, 06:04 AM
If your right had was off the bars you couldn't have touched the front brake. Could you have touched the rear brake or the clutch lever? Both will disengage the CC. But if the speedo went haywire, this would point to a malfunction

AussieMat
02-17-2014, 12:37 PM
Hi Steve, I had this happen to me twice on my first trip ( melbourne to Albury ) cruise cuts out and red light comes on but speedo didn't blank out, hasn't happened since though . Both times were with in 10 min period

KiwiNinja69
02-17-2014, 06:49 PM
I heard from a friend this happens to the speedo if you turn the bike off then with the key and back on while riding. So I wonder if its and electrical/ignition problem. I believe someone else on here can verify this happens also.

Steve-Oh!
02-17-2014, 07:08 PM
Hi Guys . . . 'Just wondered if any Capo 1200 owners have experienced this, and if so, what have you done about it. [This issue was buried in my "New Owner - 3000k Report recently posted.]

Hi Chris, Mat & KiwiNinja . . . . thanks for the comments. I'll see if the thread dredges up anymore instances with other members B4 I head to the mechanic.

ACTCapo
09-30-2014, 08:25 AM
Hi Steve,

This has happened to me also. Once about 2 months ago and twice yesterday. Second time yesterday while I was overtaking a B-double, thankfully with no traffic following closely behind!!!

I will raise at (soon needed) 10k service.

Globalone
09-30-2014, 09:01 AM
I flick the kill switch to switch off the flashing green cruise light when I am not going to be using cruise, say in town.( I am aware holding the button in stops it as well but the kill switch is easier) I will check if this switches of the speedo.

Globalone
09-30-2014, 02:19 PM
No
But if you switch off the ignition it does but when you switch back on you get zero on the speedo and the bike is reluctant to fire

kadracing
09-30-2014, 10:38 PM
Hasnt happened to me

Steve-Oh!
10-03-2014, 06:38 AM
Hi Steve,

This has happened to me also. Once about 2 months ago and twice yesterday. Second time yesterday while I was overtaking a B-double, thankfully with no traffic following closely behind!!!

I will raise at (soon needed) 10k service.

Hey ACT Capo . . Yeah, when my bike went in for this and a few minor accessory add ons they found that there was some sort of sensor misread. Since that fix [early March] I've had no repeat of the problem.

It's the only issue I've ever had with the bike [touch wood].

ACTCapo
10-06-2014, 08:07 AM
Happened to me again yesterday, thankfully not in traffic this time! Have to come to a complete stop and switch key off and on before speedo would work again.