PDA

View Full Version : Questions..The cats and the seat keyway

Locky
02-15-2014, 07:05 PM
So where exactly are the catalytic converters on the DD1200 and what happens with the keyway for the seat when you install a tail tidy?While I'm at it I'd love to have some suspension settings that are known to work.I promised my daughter I'd take her to a place called the botanical gardens out on the west coast and the roads to it are everything from hwy. to dirt logging rd.to patched pavement (more patches than pavement) so I'm looking for settings that worked good with approx.130 to 140 kg on the bike but even 90 to 100 kg set up for sport touring would be great thanks....

Locky
02-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Also could someone tell me are the rear stand spoils bolts 8 or 10 mm?I pick my bike up on this coming Tuesday.Looks like the weathers going to be so bad I'll have to have it trucked home that kind of sucks but at least it's home....

trainman
02-16-2014, 11:49 AM
Also could someone tell me are the rear stand spoils bolts 8 or 10 mm?I pick my bike up on this coming Tuesday.Looks like the weathers going to be so bad I'll have to have it trucked home that kind of sucks but at least it's home....

http://www.af1racing.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=7084

http://www.discount-moto-direct.com/leo-vince-link-pipe-cat-eliminator-aprilia-smv-750-dorsoduro-factory-2010-2012/#.UwDrTWCPPIU

Locky

Cat is in the twisty bit of the pipes, see links for elimination parts - not sure how they run after mind, 2nd link seems to suggest you need mufflers changed as well.

Rear stand - do you mean the swing arm bobbin mounts - look like 6mm to me, need to get some hooks for me stand!

Brinks_2
02-16-2014, 12:00 PM
The keyway is relocated onto the tailtidy mounting plate, directly above the back wheel. Keep it oiled well, as alot of gunk gets built up on the cover fascia for the keyway. It still works fine when remounted. Must do mod the tidy Locky.

u00bgg2
02-16-2014, 05:31 PM
The cat on the 1200 is actually in the first half of the muffler not the mid pipe like the 750. I took out a portion of it in each pipe but the only real way to do it is replace the mufflers. The mid pipe on the 1200 is straight through.

Locky
02-17-2014, 07:33 AM
Thanks guys..I meant to type in spools don't know how that got to spoils but I'm going to blame the auto correct since it can't argue.If the cats in the muffler that thing must be heavy.Well I get my own DD12 tomorrow to measure from all I have to do is learn to be very patient with the wife cause all I get to hear for the next couple of months is "It's a new bike why are you taking it apart"..."If it's new why do you need to buy parts for it"and of course "You spend to much money on bikes why do you need another one"..Isn't love grand.....

Brinks_2
02-17-2014, 08:57 AM
You can always give the wife my line " So you want me to get a car?" Yes. "Can I get a V8?" Yes. "Can I get a HP type V8?" Yes. "Alright then I'll do it" She said " Hang on, why are you giving up so easy. You've never given up so easy" I replied " Cause I can drink beer and smoke cigarettes in a car" Her retort was " Thats a lovely bike dear"

Locky
02-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Lol That's a good one wouldn't work for me,my wife is the original mustang Sally at least with a bike I get to drive all the time.I thought about getting her a new car to keep her quiet but when I said Ford Focus she was saying she was looking at the ST model just the thought of having to sit next to her in another HP car makes me sweat.I kid you not she had a Mac 1 mustang when I met her one of my fondest memories is the day she sold it. She talked a dealer into letting her take one of the new mustangs for a test drive just before xmas, the poor man went with her,when they came back I was sure he was crying.I think it's time for the dozen roses and a spa pass more expensive than your way but keeps me from having to get a valium prescription.....

bradleyjpyle
03-22-2014, 10:09 AM
It will come out, Its a PIA but it comes out(The cats, that is.). Exhaust note is deeper, no drone.

DIY: Long drill bit through the center of it, then carefully chip it away. WEAR A RESPIRATOR!!!!

I suggest this mod. I could post a sound clip if someone wants to hear it.

Brinks_2
03-22-2014, 11:45 AM
Sound clip would be great BJP, also do you smell fuel vapour stronger, or doe's it get rid of it?

bradleyjpyle
03-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Like vapor smell from the bikes exhaust? Yeah it smells when idling cold, goes away once warm.