PDA

View Full Version : another capo convert

Nuts768
02-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Got the new Caponord in November and loving it. Cant wait for better weather.
Picked up some good stuff from here and thought i should take part. Got a couple
of trips away booked this year so i am try to get the bike ready. Got the Tom Tom
wired no problem, had a Honda top box in the shed so i got a stainless plate made
to adapt it for the Capo and it seems fine. next to sort are the panier bags.

Nolz
02-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Hello and welcome!

Looking forward to hearing more about your mods and adventures :banana:

Mr Pope
02-06-2014, 03:01 AM
Welcome in Mr/Mrs Nuts

ChrisHall
02-06-2014, 06:38 AM
Welcome. First job, go around the whole bike and check everything is tight!

biker33
02-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Especially the stands centre and side
Welcome aboard

Nuts768
02-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Have been around the fixings to check but will keep my eye on things thanks.
has any one got more info on the main beam, went out in the dark at the weekend
and was not impressed. i have read some threads about keeping low beam on all the time.

Mr Pope
02-07-2014, 04:04 AM
Mine stays on all the time having been 'looked at'. There was some controversy about it though

keithc
02-07-2014, 01:46 PM
I have my dip beam wired so its on all the time too. The contrversy reffered to was how to achieve this. My original method was to put a wire between the healdight fed to teh dip switch and connect it via a switch to eh dip beam cicuit. This worked OK but someone pointed out tha this meant the switching current for dip beam and main beam were going throuh the nstrument cluster and htis might cause damage. It was thought that this would be minimal, however I decided to change this and now run the shorting link through a aswitch beteen the dip beam feed and the earth for the pass light. This has ben working well for some months now and seem OK. Anohter worth while mod was to fit ans HID set up to one of the dip beam fittings. Works well and modifying both di beams does not seem worth it. HID cant be used for main beam as the lamps really dont like being switched off over short periods of time much. Also reid LED for main beam and it wasnt much good at al so I have gne back to a `50%' brighter bulb for main beam

Keith C

Keith C

Nuts768
02-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Thanks for that Keith i will have to give that some thought. I think the HID might be the first step.
I have also orderd a set of the pannier bags that you have had, should be here this week.

keithc
02-08-2014, 04:47 AM
HID is good, but you have to convert hte headlight first as if you use one or the lamp wont last long as its turned on and off everytime you go from main to dip and back again.
I dont think you will be dissappointed with the bags either. Good product and mine, in common with others here, were delivered within 3 or 4 working days of the money being transfered.
Enjoy your bike

Keith C