PDA

View Full Version : Leo Vince vs arow

absinth
01-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Hi all

im about to buy a set of exhausts for my dd and I was wondering what are the opinions on these two systems pros/ cons

I know there is a almost a 500 difference so your opinions would be greatly appreciated before I pullthe trigger

im after a bit of noise and better throttle response but I'm not really interested in spending massive amounts of money and time on custom maps

I'm after reliability so to speak for every day use

flightguide
01-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Hi Absinth,
the big advantage of the Arrow can is that it comes with a extra mapping code which your Aprilia Dealer can upload. Another advantage is that you still keep your warranty with the Arrow pipes.
I have the leos without DB Killer and it seems that the usual Aprilia Mapping doesn't fit to these cans. I have a very unsupportive Aprilia Dealer here and I'm left with two options. 1st buy the damn expensive Arrow cans with the new mapping or go for Rexxer. End of this week I will decide which way to go since my bike is only 3 months old.

brgds
Bernd

flightguide
01-29-2014, 09:34 PM
I have to revise what I have written before. The only advantage is that you still keep your warranty with the Arrow. If you use other brands than I would recommend to install the Arrow mapping which every Aprilia Dealer and do with the service computer. Ed from AF1 Racing to give me this advise and I'm very thankful for that. The stock mapping was not working at all. Now I got the Arrow mapping and its much better. I'm able to smile again.

Micah / AF1 Racing
01-30-2014, 01:41 AM
Glad your dealer was willing to load the mapping after all.

flightguide
01-30-2014, 02:17 AM
Without the advise from you guys it would be impossible to get it. When I told them about the Bulletin I saw only question marks in their eyes. I will recommend your shop to all my Aprilia guys in Malaysia.
Thanks a lot for all your help and support I'm now a happy Dorsoduro owner again.

extreme67
02-01-2014, 02:54 AM
Without the advise from you guys it would be impossible to get it. When I told them about the Bulletin I saw only question marks in their eyes. I will recommend your shop to all my Aprilia guys in Malaysia.
Thanks a lot for all your help and support I'm now a happy Dorsoduro owner again.

What bulletin are we Talking about.

Micke

flightguide
02-01-2014, 04:31 AM
Bulletin 020-2011. Aprilia informed their dealers what code they have to use to install the Arrow "full power" mapping. As mentioned before with the Leo's and the normal update was my bike running very bad. I believe much to lean. Only good thing was that I could go 160 km before the light came. But I can tell you every km was frustration until I got the arrow mapping.

Micah / AF1 Racing
02-02-2014, 11:48 AM
It may burn a lot of gas but the Arrow mapping is truly night and day better than any of the stock mappings I have tried, glad you feel the same.

TheBuilder
02-05-2014, 03:26 PM
I have the Leo's without the DB killers in an have the Arrow map, it's certainly way richer than it was but the idle is horrible! Could that be the mapping or the throttle reteach not being done properly? Or something else entirely?

flightguide
02-06-2014, 12:22 AM
Hi, I have the exactly same configuration. Leo open and Arrow map. Yeah, it's running quite rich but other than that I have no problems. I see you have also a 2011. Was your bike under re-call for the demand sensor? I got my changed yesterday and the bike feels more aggressive than before. Quite nice.

TheBuilder
02-07-2014, 09:14 AM
I was told the demand sensor was done before I picked the bike up from the dealer. The bike does work much better with the arrow map exempt for idle or slow parking lot crawling type stuff, gets really loaded up with fuel.

lanter
02-15-2014, 12:40 AM
If your running Leo's with arrow map, try running it with the db killers in! I bet it will run better with some back pressure. The arrow map was designed for the arrow pipes, that retained the individual cats that the Leo's don't have.