PDA

View Full Version : Reworked seats by MJM Custom Motorcycle Seats

fredaroony
01-24-2014, 10:48 PM

Nolz
01-24-2014, 11:44 PM
Looks great. At first I thought gee that it's a bit pricey, however that price is for both seats so fair enough!

Thanks for the detailed pics. Hopefully your back sorts it out soon so you can test it out properly. Now I'm going to have to add that to my list of 'to do's for the Capo' :p

fredaroony
01-25-2014, 12:03 AM
Looks great. At first I thought gee that it's a bit pricey, however that price is for both seats so fair enough!

Thanks for the detailed pics. Hopefully your back sorts it out soon so you can test it out properly. Now I'm going to have to add that to my list of 'to do's for the Capo' :p

Actually I took some more painkillers and just came back from a 10 min ride :) The lowering of the seat is MUCH better and you very planted on the bike now.

I can't speak for long term comfort yet but because of the flatter profile and the cup like feeling I imagine it would have to be better than the stock seat.

He said he can replicate the same design for anyone else as he took some pictures. Since you're in Sydney you best off riding your bike down to him so he can see you sitting on it.

You're welcome to pop around to check them out if you want too.

Nolz
01-25-2014, 12:25 AM
Very kind of you to offer! I'll see how I go on my big-ish ride in a few weeks. At this stage my priorities are screen (add on) and airflow, crash bars, then seat height/comfort as the airhawk has done me a lot of justice so far in the comfort department so far.

fredaroony
01-25-2014, 12:32 AM

robertp
01-28-2014, 03:08 AM
Actually I took some more painkillers and just came back from a 10 min ride :) The lowering of the seat is MUCH better and you very planted on the bike now.

I can't speak for long term comfort yet but because of the flatter profile and the cup like feeling I imagine it would have to be better than the stock seat.

He said he can replicate the same design for anyone else as he took some pictures. Since you're in Sydney you best off riding your bike down to him so he can see you sitting on it.

You're welcome to pop around to check them out if you want too.

Mick looks to have done a good job. I've booked mine in to be done. Not having a spare seat makes it more difficult as he has so much work on so its booked for 17th March, his first available day.

Let me know how you find the seat when you're back riding on longer rides :)

fredaroony
01-28-2014, 03:11 AM
Mick looks to have done a good job. I've booked mine in to be done. Not having a spare seat makes it more difficult as he has so much work on so its booked for 17th March, his first available day.

Let me know how you find the seat when you're back riding on longer rides :)

Hopefully this weekend :) He fit mine in between jobs.

Really good idea to let him see you on the bike too.

robertp
01-28-2014, 03:37 AM
Hopefully this weekend :) He fit mine in between jobs.

Really good idea to let him see you on the bike too.

He's going to do mine on the day. If I get there by 7.30am on the bike he'll have it done by about 3pm so I can ride home. Looking forward to it!

fredaroony
01-28-2014, 03:50 AM
He's going to do mine on the day. If I get there by 7.30am on the bike he'll have it done by about 3pm so I can ride home. Looking forward to it!

Wow, what time will you be leaving?? Hopefully the weather will be good.

You going for the same design?

robertp
01-28-2014, 04:10 AM
Wow, what time will you be leaving?? Hopefully the weather will be good.

You going for the same design?

I'll probably go down the afternoon before and stay the night, too much wildlife to contend with if I leave here at 4.30am.

Your's looks pretty good, I like the stock look so will stick to it as closely as he can do it, but I'll see what he says

fredaroony
01-28-2014, 04:14 AM
I'll probably go down the afternoon before and stay the night, too much wildlife to contend with if I leave here at 4.30am.

Your's looks pretty good, I like the stock look so will stick to it as closely as he can do it, but I'll see what he says

Exactly, I wanted the bike to look like it was built that way.

fredaroony
02-22-2014, 11:12 PM

Nolz
02-23-2014, 06:22 AM
Great to hear. I've been riding another bike recently (HONDA CB600 Hornet) and have found that the lower seat height makes an enormous difference. Jumped back on the Capo today and was immediately lacking in a little confidence as I was totally stretched out to keep myself stable on some inclines.

Will definitely give this option some more thought.

fredaroony
02-24-2014, 05:52 AM