PDA

View Full Version : Low seat option

saintrider1
01-22-2014, 10:36 AM
Have seen a bit of comment about this on here, but no real detail.
Rang Wheels Peterborough today and they don't have much info either apart from the fact at the low seat option combines gel and lower profile to improve feet stability when at standstill. They don't know cost,actual seat height when fitted or availability (apparently one bin on order for another owner for ages).
They have promised to get more info as I might be interested in doing a deal to change to a low seat as part of the replacement seat I am getting under warranty (see my thread about bobbles in seat). If anybody can add anything in the meantime...feel free.

mathew
01-22-2014, 11:58 AM
I got told that they are not available just like the satnav mount. I had a custom one made for me by the dealer.

DBMG
01-22-2014, 04:21 PM
I contacted Aprilia customer Services regarding the lower seat and thee multimedia platform and got this reply:

"Thank you for your recent web enquiry.

Please be advised that neither the lower gel seat or multimedia platform are available to order as genuine Aprilia accessories.

We take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Don't think they are going to be available any time soon. :(

fredaroony
01-22-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm getting my original seat reworked and lowered 15mm. Should be picking it up on Saturday.

KiwiNinja69
01-22-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm getting my original seat reworked and lowered 15mm. Should be picking it up on Saturday.

How close to the original seat will it look, as I might just get the rider seat done.

fredaroony
01-22-2014, 07:32 PM
How close to the original seat will it look, as I might just get the rider seat done.

I asked him to make it look as stock as possible but I will know on Saturday

saintrider1
01-23-2014, 08:00 AM
I assume the work to lower the stock seat involves
1 take off cover
2 shave the required depth of seat foam off
3 replace seat cover

Sounds simple enough..sharp knife needed though.

fredaroony
01-23-2014, 01:02 PM

saintrider1
01-23-2014, 03:15 PM
It would be good to see a photo of the finished job