PDA

View Full Version : Fugly peice of plastic

keithc
01-21-2014, 05:26 PM
Well after around 1700 miles I have given in and re fitted the fugley peice of plastic back to the rear of the swinging arm as the spray was really bad without it. The rear of my top box was getting covereed in water and grit. Not to much of a probome except that ever time I wanted to open the top box my hands got covered in road dirt.
Not happy but I have to be practical uintil a better solution can be found.

Keith C

AussieMat
01-21-2014, 07:01 PM
I don't mind the look. I too tried it off for a while and was getting some stone chips under rear.

keithc
01-21-2014, 07:21 PM
I just wish their was a way of neatly joining it up with the hugger. It would look so much better and would work better too

Keith C

mathew
01-22-2014, 08:12 AM
I had the dealer take mine off, but the back of the bike got so much dirt on it i put it back on. Must admit tho it doesnt stop it all. We need a proper hugger!!!

saintrider1
01-22-2014, 10:41 AM
I had the dealer take mine off, but the back of the bike got so much dirt on it i put it back on. Must admit tho it doesnt stop it all. We need a proper hugger!!!

I'll second that, not sure that the stock rear guard stops anything wet or gungy so makes little difference on or off. Have seen hugger xtenders fo other bikes..must look into in more detail.

mathew
01-22-2014, 12:13 PM
does anyone else think that the swing arm on the dorsoduro 1200 is the same as the capo? you can get a hugger for that! http://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/skidmarx-aprilia-rear-huggers/aprilia-dorsoduro-skidmarx-hugger.html

idiakez
01-22-2014, 10:05 PM
The swing arm looks the same...the mounting point for the chain guard/hugger also looks the same...maybe for those who own both the Dorsoduro & Caponord can give it a try.

saintrider1
01-23-2014, 03:22 PM
But is the hugger for the Dorso any bigger / better than the stock chainguard/hugger on the Capo??

I have seen some rear fender extenders from Powerbronze but not sure they make much difference.