PDA

View Full Version : Rider from Singapore

idiakez
01-21-2014, 04:08 AM
Hi all!

I was given numerous advice to not buy Aprilia bikes as the parts are hard to come by and also its hard to sell off your Aprilia bikes in the future. I know 10yrs back Aprilia have alot of issues on its bike(if I can recall mostly are the RS125s) but dunnoe abt now. I'm sure Aprilia could have improve or minimize on their engine problems. Any comment on this? :confused:

Unfortunately, living in this small country, there's only 1 Aprilia agent. So getting an Aprilia bike will mean that there's no one else to turn to if there's any issue on the bike except them. So I guess i have to prepare myself to have an alternative solution to where to get parts which will be able to ship to Singapore. I can't depend them on ordering parts as it may take ages for the parts to come if the dealer tends to consolidate before ordering. So I hope you guys can advice on which websites can shipped Aprilia parts especially Caponord 1200s to Singapore.

I've already fallen head over heels on the Caponord 1200 and there's no way anything can change my mind on NOT getting in. So for now, I'm gathering infos and feedbacks from this forum(which has been really really helpful)and prepare myself as I venture into the world of Aprilias.

P.S - Been riding Japanese bikes all my life. Time to go for Italians.

Rgds,
Dilemma Guy

fredaroony
01-21-2014, 04:31 AM
Hi all!

I was given numerous advice to not buy Aprilia bikes as the parts are hard to come by and also its hard to sell off your Aprilia bikes in the future. I know 10yrs back Aprilia have alot of issues on its bike(if I can recall mostly are the RS125s) but dunnoe abt now. I'm sure Aprilia could have improve or minimize on their engine problems. Any comment on this? :confused:

Unfortunately, living in this small country, there's only 1 Aprilia agent. So getting an Aprilia bike will mean that there's no one else to turn to if there's any issue on the bike except them. So I guess i have to prepare myself to have an alternative solution to where to get parts which will be able to ship to Singapore. I can't depend them on ordering parts as it may take ages for the parts to come if the dealer tends to consolidate before ordering. So I hope you guys can advice on which websites can shipped Aprilia parts especially Caponord 1200s to Singapore.

I've already fallen head over heels on the Caponord 1200 and there's no way anything can change my mind on NOT getting in. So for now, I'm gathering infos and feedbacks from this forum(which has been really really helpful)and prepare myself as I venture into the world of Aprilias.

P.S - Been riding Japanese bikes all my life. Time to go for Italians.

Rgds,
Dilemma Guy

Shouldnt be too hard to get some parts shipped from Australia, what are you after? Happy to call some shops on your behalf if want, just PM me.

idiakez
01-21-2014, 04:44 AM
Shouldnt be too hard to get some parts shipped from Australia, what are you after? Happy to call some shops on your behalf if want, just PM me.

Hey fredaroony, that's great! Australia is kinda nearer Singapore so delivery shouldn't take long. Are italian bikes spare part expensive as most people say or its just urban legend?

I'm just preparing myself, assuring myself that there are ways to get parts for Caponord 1200 in the future besides going tru the agent here. Had a poor experience with the Dealer recently and can foresee the after sale service might sucked. Sometimes i wonder y bother being a sales person if you don't bother with your customer. :pissed::bangwall:

fredaroony
01-21-2014, 04:46 AM
Hey fredaroony, that's great! Australia is kinda nearer Singapore so delivery shouldn't take long. Are italian bikes spare part expensive as most people say or its just urban legend?

I'm just preparing myself, assuring myself that there are ways to get parts for Caponord 1200 in the future besides going tru the agent here. Had a poor experience with the Dealer recently and can foresee the after sale service might sucked. Sometimes i wonder y bother being a sales person if you don't bother with your customer. :pissed::bangwall:

Depends on what you're looking for, I spend the following on my bike:

Top Box $849AUS
Heated Grips $139AUS
Gel seats $185 Each

Pretty cheap in my opinion

idiakez
01-21-2014, 04:52 AM
Depends on what you're looking for, I spend the following on my bike:

Top Box $849AUS
Heated Grips $139AUS
Gel seats $185 Each

Pretty cheap in my opinion

What model and brand is your top box? does it comes with the plate to mount on the Cap? Was thinking of mounting the SW Motech top box. But not sure if they have the mounting plate for the Cap.

idiakez
01-21-2014, 05:06 AM
What kind of top box are u using now?

I was thinking of using the SW-Motech Trax Evo topcase for the Cap but not sure if they have the mouting plate for the Cap.

fredaroony
01-21-2014, 05:13 AM
What kind of top box are u using now?

I was thinking of using the SW-Motech Trax Evo topcase for the Cap but not sure if they have the mouting plate for the Cap.

Standard Aprilia one http://www.aprilia.com.au/acc_CM257201.html

saintrider1
01-21-2014, 11:49 AM
I just want to know what is going on in your profile picture mate.

Nolz
01-21-2014, 03:34 PM
Singaporean bobsled team training for Sochi?

idiakez
01-21-2014, 07:35 PM
I just want to know what is going on in your profile picture mate.

LOL! It was during the MotoGP Sepang weekends where most of us couldn't sleep(too excited wanna watch the motogp the next day i guess) and decide to remake one of the parts in the movie "Cool Running".

Singaporean bobsled team training for Sochi?

We will definitely freeze our balls even before we reach the bobsled. LOL~

idiakez
02-08-2014, 01:56 AM
Finally!!! I bought myself a Caponord!!! I'm super duper Excited!! WIll be getting it this coming Thursday.

I hope you guys can give me few pointers on what to look out for when receiving the bike.

Your kind advice is greatly appreciated!

Rgds,
Idiakez

Nolz
02-08-2014, 02:48 AM
Woohoo!! Well done. I'm sure you've been through the threads however the ones that come to mind are the 'blow by' issue and also issues with 'bits falling off'.

The blow by can be checked via the clear tubing that runs aside the front cylinder with a black plastic plug in the end. Just have a look at that after each ride and monitor any oil that catches in there. The other thing that I noticed was parts of the bike, vibrating off. Check your screws and bolts and various bits of rubber and plastic here and there.

Otherwise hop on board and enjoy the ride! My run in was to ride (with a little vigor) at varying rev's and loads, through the gears. avoiding prolonged long distances at any one rev range or gear.

idiakez
02-08-2014, 06:11 AM
Yeah! Been reading every single post! LOL. Paranoid or careful? u decide. LOL.

Thanks Nolz for the advice. Looks like I gotta ride to find out.

Thursday come quick!!

fredaroony
02-08-2014, 07:24 AM
Finally!!! I bought myself a Caponord!!! I'm super duper Excited!! WIll be getting it this coming Thursday.

I hope you guys can give me few pointers on what to look out for when receiving the bike.

Your kind advice is greatly appreciated!

Rgds,
Idiakez

Congrats!!!!!!!

First thing you will want to do is change that front sprocket, especially handy for the traffic in Singapore.

idiakez
02-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Congrats!!!!!!!

First thing you will want to do is change that front sprocket, especially handy for the traffic in Singapore.

Ok noted! Thanks for the tip. Will monitor the FC very closely. Riding in Singapore I think its like riding in City area. Lots of traffic lights. Soon will travel up north to Thailand I hope.

fredaroony
02-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Ok noted! Thanks for the tip. Will monitor the FC very closely. Riding in Singapore I think its like riding in City area. Lots of traffic lights. Soon will travel up north to Thailand I hope.

This is the one you want and they ship to Singapore http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Esjot-Ritzel-16-Zahne-Teilung-525-Aprilia-Dorsoduro-1200-2011-/161049331577?pt=DE_Motorradteile&hash=item257f49c779&_uhb=1

If not there is a place in Brisbane where I got mine and I could send it to you.

Trust me, having been in Singapore several times you will want to change it asap.

morganoh
02-09-2014, 04:29 AM
yeah one more caponord in Spore

I'm the 1st one. so u are the 2nd?
I remote the HM Quickshifter on my dorsoduro 1200 and try to install on the caponord1200.
but the cables/ connecting points are different.
so I'm now waiting ans from the HM singapore dealers to get me this new cables.

idiakez
02-09-2014, 11:21 AM
yeah one more caponord in Spore

I'm the 1st one. so u are the 2nd?
I remote the HM Quickshifter on my dorsoduro 1200 and try to install on the caponord1200.
but the cables/ connecting points are different.
so I'm now waiting ans from the HM singapore dealers to get me this new cables.

Hey Morgan! Im the one who ask u abt the dorsoduro engine at singaporebikes.com.

Looks like we're the only 2 for now. Hope to meet up soon. And look up at this forum. Plenty of advice and feedbacks to read abt.

idiakez
02-11-2014, 06:12 AM
Even before I get to ride it, the italians manage to screw me up. Dealer called me right after they opened up the crate. Aprilia sent 2 right hand side panniers. How can that possibly happened. This sucks.

ChrisHall
02-11-2014, 07:01 AM
Perhaps Aprilia have deleted left hand panniers from the accessory catalogue??? :bangwall: along with:

1. GPS Mount: withdrawn before anyone could get their hands on one
2. Gel Rider Seat with a logo on it? or no logo? or perhaps it's not a gel seat at all. has this been resolved?
3. Tail bag. "Tail bag consisting of a backpack that fastens onto a nylon base with side pockets". Actually there is no nylon base and no side pockets.
4. Top Box - One owner reports having ordered it he gave up waiting after 4 months and bought a Givi
6. Factory spotlights - withdrawn

7. Touring windscreen. An owner on an Italian forum has posted pictures of what appears to an OEM tall touring

fredaroony
02-11-2014, 09:10 AM
2) I can confirm the gel seat in fact contains gel even though it has no logo
4) mine turned up in 3 days :-)

Perhaps Aprilia have deleted left hand panniers from the accessory catalogue??? :bangwall: along with:

1. GPS Mount: withdrawn before anyone could get their hands on one
2. Gel Rider Seat with a logo on it? or no logo? or perhaps it's not a gel seat at all. has this been resolved?
3. Tail bag. "Tail bag consisting of a backpack that fastens onto a nylon base with side pockets". Actually there is no nylon base and no side pockets.
4. Top Box - One owner reports having ordered it he gave up waiting after 4 months and bought a Givi
6. Factory spotlights - withdrawn

7. Touring windscreen. An owner on an Italian forum has posted pictures of what appears to an OEM tall touring

ChrisHall
02-11-2014, 11:35 AM
3 days for top box! You must have used the Force on the weak minded souls at your dealer.

keithc
02-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Not quite 4 months, but I gave up on the top box after 7 weeks and got a Givi one. Rather pleased I did as the Aprilia one is, from what I understand a little small and wont hold 2 full face crash helmets.

Keith C

DBMG
02-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Not quite 4 months, but I gave up on the top box after 7 weeks and got a Givi one. Rather pleased I did as the Aprilia one is, from what I understand a little small and wont hold 2 full face crash helmets.

Keith C

Your right. Top box will only hold one full face helmet but I did not have to wait very long for it to arrive.. Still waiting for the heated grips from the dealer I bought my Cap off. Ended up sourcing a set from another dealer.

keithc
02-11-2014, 04:29 PM
OK I had the opposite., The heated grips were not fitted when I collected the bike, but were fitted 2 weeks later when the bike had its first service.

This my 3rd Aprilia (2007 660 Pegaso Strada, 2009 Dorsoduro and nom my 2013 Caponord) and I have had at least one in the garage since 2007 and this seems to have been the theme throught ownership of the brand.

The bikes really do seem to be let down by the manufacturer's after sales and accessory departments. If they got that sorted then the brand could match any other brand, even the germans and Japanese.

Keith C

idiakez
02-12-2014, 12:31 AM
My dealer told me i've got to wait atleast 2 months(maximum) for the correct panniers to reach Singapore. Somehow i doubt it will come within that period...maybe longer...now i've gotta get myself a top box and unfortunately, no dealers in SG are selling the mounting bracket for Capo yet...another bummer for me...

ChrisHall
02-12-2014, 05:07 AM
My dealer told me i've got to wait atleast 2 months(maximum) for the correct panniers to reach Singapore. Somehow i doubt it will come within that period...maybe longer...now i've gotta get myself a top box and unfortunately, no dealers in SG are selling the mounting bracket for Capo yet...another bummer for me...

Top box with no mounting bracket. Only Italian logic could set that up!

idiakez
02-13-2014, 10:23 AM
Finally got my Capo!! Seems like what was said is true. Below 3000, engine seems like wanna cut off. As if no fuel coming in.

Anyway, my LCD is showing blinking "code". Does it mean the 5digit code wasn't set up? Or is it norm?

nisbeam
02-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Yes to both, it is normal when a CODE has not been set up. Can't remember how to do it but it's in the handbook somewhere. Hope you enjoy the bike :-)

fredaroony
02-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Finally got my Capo!! Seems like what was said is true. Below 3000, engine seems like wanna cut off. As if no fuel coming in.

I can see an order for a smaller front sprocket in your future :) Before I changed mine riding around town was not an enjoyable experience.

Capo1200
02-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Sounds about right, I remember it like it was only yesterday (actually it was Jan 19th!), not enough torque to pull the skin off a rice pudding!

This mob are Rexxer dealer's apparently:

Motovation Accessory53, Ubi Ave 1, Paya Ubi Industrial Park
Singapore

http://www.motovation-accessory.com.sg/ (http://www.motovation-accessory.com.sg/index.php?act=home)

Anyway, my LCD is showing blinking "code". Does it mean the 5digit code wasn't set up? Or is it norm?
Page 28 of the manual

idiakez
02-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Hey Capo1200,

Thanks for info on the mob. Will go down and have a chat with them.

Anyway, I only brought 1 of the manuals to office. Page 28 doesn't show anything about the CODE. Guess I have to wait till i'm back home later.

idiakez
02-18-2014, 06:57 AM
Dear all,

At what speed did you travel during running in? Was told by my dealer not to exceed 6k RPM. But then I've never even reach 5K RPM.

Will it be damaging to the engine if I maintain at 6k RPM which I guess will have a speed of ard 120km/h?

Sorry if the question sounded noob. This is my first ever new from the box bike.

AussieMat
02-18-2014, 12:24 PM
The main thing is not to hold constant revs all the time. I was gentle on acceleration and would go up and down through the gears a lot more for the run in time keeping to the 6000 rpm limit.

idiakez
02-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Damn....I constantly ride ard 3000rpm. Gotta change my riding method then. Thanks AussieMat.

Correct me if i'm wrong but, during running in, is the fuel consumption expected to be high??

idiakez
02-26-2014, 01:59 AM
Need help...

Been riding for some time now and I seem to have numbness on my right hand. Not sure is it due to the vibration but then again my left hand seems ok. Anyone encounter this before?

Mr Pope
02-26-2014, 02:28 AM
Hmm, I get it on my left shoulder area. Having moved the bars down (after lower back pain) then higher (moved the pain up again), it's now come to just a mild pain in my left shoulder which I can cope with

idiakez
02-26-2014, 02:45 AM
Hmm, I get it on my left shoulder area. Having moved the bars down (after lower back pain) then higher (moved the pain up again), it's now come to just a mild pain in my left shoulder which I can cope with

How far do you ride till you get the pain??

My travelling is like 40km tops to work and then i get the numbness on my right hand. Thought its not frequent but had experienced it a few times already.

BruceWayne
02-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Fuel consumption is higher when engines are new. I know on the Capo mine started improving after a few thousand kms.

I've experienced serious (lasted for days) pins and needles feeling in my right hand on previous bike. This was only after covering 3500kms in 4 days. If it is coming after 40kms or less, something is wrong. As MrPope says, it may be related to the position of your shoulder, it's possible the height of the bars puts your arms at a point where blood flow is being impinged. Try changing the bar height and seeing if that helps.

fredaroony
02-26-2014, 06:50 PM
Damn....I constantly ride ard 3000rpm. Gotta change my riding method then. Thanks AussieMat.

Correct me if i'm wrong but, during running in, is the fuel consumption expected to be high??

I typically ride around 4500-5000 rpm and get a little vibration but not more than other bikes I've owned. 3000rpm sounds a little too low to me.

idiakez
02-26-2014, 07:19 PM
Fuel consumption is higher when engines are new. I know on the Capo mine started improving after a few thousand kms.

I've experienced serious (lasted for days) pins and needles feeling in my right hand on previous bike. This was only after covering 3500kms in 4 days. If it is coming after 40kms or less, something is wrong. As MrPope says, it may be related to the position of your shoulder, it's possible the height of the bars puts your arms at a point where blood flow is being impinged. Try changing the bar height and seeing if that helps.

You wont be having any spare batmobile would you? LOL. Just kidding. Anyway, will try to source out for bar riser. Hopefully it works. If not, I'll bet i will not enjoy my ride up to Malaysia. Thanks for advice BruceWayne.

I typically ride around 4500-5000 rpm and get a little vibration but not more than other bikes I've owned. 3000rpm sounds a little too low to me.

No worries. I've changed my riding style and travel around 4500 -5000rpm. Seems to be better. Less rodeo like symptoms. LOL. Anyway, I've hit my 1000km running in mark. Time to change EO and test the beast. :peace:

idiakez
02-26-2014, 07:50 PM
New Question

I know that the Capo uses a microchip key to sync and start the bike. Am I able to program in a brand new key by myself if I were to buy a spare key? I'm not sure if the Aprilia Service Manual can guide on the key programing.

Mr Pope
02-27-2014, 02:40 AM
How far do you ride till you get the pain??

My travelling is like 40km tops to work and then i get the numbness on my right hand. Thought its not frequent but had experienced it a few times already.

Yep, it's about that kind of period

As far as sync-ing a microchip key - if they won't let you change it from mph to km/h I doubt very much that they'd let you do something that could, potentially, let you steal a bike...

Capo9
02-27-2014, 05:15 AM
Need help...

Been riding for some time now and I seem to have numbness on my right hand. Not sure is it due to the vibration but then again my left hand seems ok. Anyone encounter this before?
nnn
idiakez.

2 suggestions, try to relax your grip on the throttle and don't squeeze it tightly. Make sure your gloves are not too tight, particularly around the wrist.

ChrisHall
02-27-2014, 05:31 AM
New Question

I know that the Capo uses a microchip key to sync and start the bike. Am I able to program in a brand new key by myself if I were to buy a spare key? I'm not sure if the Aprilia Service Manual can guide on the key programing.

It is done by the dealer I believe

nisbeam
02-27-2014, 01:23 PM
sound like too much :spankie:

nisbeam
02-27-2014, 01:24 PM
or not enough :lol:

idiakez
02-27-2014, 09:26 PM
nnn
idiakez.

2 suggestions, try to relax your grip on the throttle and don't squeeze it tightly. Make sure your gloves are not too tight, particularly around the wrist.

Spot on mate. firstly, my gloves are kinda tight and secondly, yupe i did hold on to the throttle abit tight..maybe scared of flying off..hahahaha.. waiting for my new gloves to arrive and will try to be gentle with the throttle.

It is done by the dealer I believe

AF1 racing did post on programing the key yourself... have a look at this link http://www.af1racing.com/store/ProdImages/st3/addkeys.pdf But then, there's no guide + code for the Caponord 1200.

sound like too much :spankie:

or not enough :lol:

Hahahahah!! Guess i like it rough! LOL!

idiakez
03-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Done my first 1000km EO change and was recommended to change the next EO at 3000km & 6000km.

Looks like its way different from what it stated at Aprilia Service Manual. Main reason is, climate difference.

Any comments on this?

Nolz
03-02-2014, 11:47 PM
I'm sticking with the annual (15000km) shop servicing and will do a 7500km oil and filter change in between. Can't say I know of any special requirements for bikes in the tropics. It wouldn't hurt to change the oil at those intervals but it does seem excessive to me. I'd keep an eye on your oil to see if it changes colour due to any water vapor that may get in due to the high humidity.

idiakez
03-03-2014, 12:38 AM
I'm sticking with the annual (15000km) shop servicing and will do a 7500km oil and filter change in between. Can't say I know of any special requirements for bikes in the tropics. It wouldn't hurt to change the oil at those intervals but it does seem excessive to me. I'd keep an eye on your oil to see if it changes colour due to any water vapor that may get in due to the high humidity.

So u're changing the EO and filter every 7500km? corrrect me if I'm wrong but does the manual said EO can be changed every 20000km?

On the Oil clour change - any particular colour i shall take note off?

Nolz
03-03-2014, 05:16 AM
ACtually you're right. 20k. But I'm doing a mid interval change for piece of mind so 10ish thousand kays.

Usually when water is introduced to engine oil it turns the oil from what is a coffee with no milk to a coffee with milk. But I'd be looking a change well before that. To be honest though, I don't think it should be an issue. Especially if you're going to follow your workshops recommendation.

idiakez
03-03-2014, 07:22 PM
ACtually you're right. 20k. But I'm doing a mid interval change for piece of mind so 10ish thousand kays.

Usually when water is introduced to engine oil it turns the oil from what is a coffee with no milk to a coffee with milk. But I'd be looking a change well before that. To be honest though, I don't think it should be an issue. Especially if you're going to follow your workshops recommendation.

Thanks Nolz. I will take note of the changes.

Learning new things everyday! Now time to get hold of the Caponord service/maintenance/repair manual.

fredaroony
03-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks Nolz. I will take note of the changes.

Learning new things everyday! Now time to get hold of the Caponord service/maintenance/repair manual.

Check your email :)

idiakez
03-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Thanks Mate!!! :cheers:

nisbeam
03-04-2014, 08:10 AM
I also did an extra oil change half way through between main service intervals (just in case). Top Tip - beware the drain plug, it it a big nut but the torque setting is only small - you don't want to over tighten it !

idiakez
03-04-2014, 07:26 PM
I also did an extra oil change half way through between main service intervals (just in case). Top Tip - beware the drain plug, it it a big nut but the torque setting is only small - you don't want to over tighten it !

Ok noted on that. Thanks Nisbeam!

Nolz
03-04-2014, 11:24 PM
HOT tip! Thanks :)

biker33
03-05-2014, 05:54 AM
Has anyone pleeeease got a copy of the service /maintenance manual they can let me have that has the torque settings in .Thanks in advance

fredaroony
03-05-2014, 06:12 AM
Has anyone pleeeease got a copy of the service /maintenance manual they can let me have that has the torque settings in .Thanks in advance

Check your PM

idiakez
03-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Last night while riding, I've noticed there's this bizzing sound like a mouse sqweeking when I accelerate. Only during acceleration. when idling everythigns seems normal. Not sure if i recall this when i collected the bike. Is this normal?

fredaroony
03-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Last night while riding, I've noticed there's this bizzing sound like a mouse sqweeking when I accelerate. Only during acceleration. when idling everythigns seems normal. Not sure if i recall this when i collected the bike. Is this normal?

Could be the exhaust valve opening? Just try it off the bike and rev the engine.

idiakez
03-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Could be the exhaust valve opening? Just try it off the bike and rev the engine.

Does yours have that sound too?? Will check it out after work...

fredaroony
03-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Does yours have that sound too?? Will check it out after work...

No but the exhaust would open as you take off and that's why I I thought of it.

Nolz
03-06-2014, 03:20 AM
No mice on my bike either :p:

idiakez
03-06-2014, 04:28 AM
No but the exhaust would open as you take off and that's why I I thought of it.

Gee...hopefully nothing worrying...and yes...Relaxing and Enjoying my Ride! LOL

No mice on my bike either :p:

LOL! gotta set up a mouse trap soon...hahahaha

idiakez
03-16-2014, 07:54 PM
Had anyone encounter the LCD just went blank when you press the start button?? Been having this a few times already.

Anyway, here's a pic of a DIY Radiotor guard by a local guy here in SG.

246081 246082

Capo9
03-17-2014, 04:57 PM
nice guard. did he make it as a one off or does he sell them?

idiakez
03-17-2014, 07:32 PM
nice guard. did he make it as a one off or does he sell them?

He custom-made the guards for each individual bike model. Do check him out at Facebook. Search for "Godsendworx Custom Radiator Guard" and if you do not have an FB - drop him an email - godsendworx@hotmail.com

Capo9
03-18-2014, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the info. Roughly what was it worth??

idiakez
03-18-2014, 02:04 AM
It depends on the design you wanna put on the guard which will be airbrushed and finish with lacquer.

For mine, as the first bike model he's done on, I got it for SGD60 which is abt AUD52.3105 or USD47.4427 (with reference from XE Currency)

Capo9
03-18-2014, 07:28 PM
thanks. I had a look at the facebook site and saw a Capo bu I don't think it was yours. I finally picknup my new bike on Monday ( it's a long story) and may look at getting the guards.

I assume he will post to Australia? thanks again.

idiakez
03-18-2014, 07:33 PM
thanks. I had a look at the facebook site and saw a Capo bu I don't think it was yours. I finally picknup my new bike on Monday ( it's a long story) and may look at getting the guards.

I assume he will post to Australia? thanks again.

That's my capo! LOL. He installed a temporary guard first for me while I wait for the actual piece to be ready. Very thoughtful of him.

Welcome to the Caponord Family!!! There's plenty of Aussie Caponord Owners here and I'm sure they'll be happy to assist.

I'm sure he could post to Australia. He did mentioned he ever post the guards to other countries which includes his own installation guide. Anyway, if he need to reconfirm on the radiator dimension, I'm sure he will call me.

Glad to share with everyone.

Capo9
03-18-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm glad you cleared that up. When I looked at the Capo photo the guard looked pretty average. The final version is cool.

Nolz
03-18-2014, 10:53 PM
I've got the R&G gaurd on mine and am very happy with it. It's a one piece design, fits to the bike extremely easily and it seems to be wearing well. I've had it on since I took delivery covered 4000km and it still looks brand new. And the radiator underneath, unscathed.

Or locally, (ie Aust) RadGaurd now have one for purchase. Although a little pricey compared to others available, it does sport an entirely different look to others and probably the most well made. http://www.radguard.com.au/products/aprilia-caponord-1200-radiator-oil-guard-set-2013-2014.html

Capo9
03-19-2014, 03:32 AM
I agree the radguard is a little pricey. Definitely prefer the black option.

thanks

idiakez
03-24-2014, 10:19 PM
Suprisingly, I got 15.72km/litre from my last top up. Usually its just 14.8km/litre the best...

Anyway, anyone knows if mixing the coolant with another premix brand will harm the bike?? or best to keep it the same brand(if only i could get it here)....

ChrisHall
03-25-2014, 06:07 AM
To be on the safe side, do not mix coolant. Aprilia may have chosen the Agip Permanent Special antifreeze because it is safe in the engine. The 1200 engine could contain magnesium parts so other types of antifreeze can damage the magnesium.

If you have a Ducati dealer nearby they will sell it as the Multistrada was recalled because the original antifreeze damaged the magnesium cylinder heads

If you still have trouble getting it, contact Moto-world (http://www.motoworlduk.co.uk/acatalog/Products_Permanent_Spezial_132.html). I think they do international shipping.

From Ducati recall:

TSB 12-003
Coolant
AGIP PERMANENT SPEZIAL 1-liter container part # 90130011B

Ducati has decided to implement a new engine coolant type. The product - AGIP PERMANENT
SPEZIAL - has been tested under all use conditions and outperforms the previous coolant. The
Multistrada 1200 is the first model implementing this product and all other bikes will follow. It was
chosen due to the high average mileage covered by Owners of this motorcycle. Ducati requires it’s
dealers to replace the coolant on all M.Y. 2010, M.Y. 2011 and M.Y. 2012 Multistrada 1200s free of
charge to the Owner (for both coolant and labor).
The innovative features of this product provide improved protection for all parts contacting it. This coolant is
easily recognizable by its pink color, it is pre-diluted and ready for use, and it must be changed every 48
months or 30,000 miles/ 48,000 km.

idiakez
03-26-2014, 01:30 AM
My dealer do not have the Agip coolant. Now that's something to worry about. Will give them a heads up to bring in this coolant. Thanks for the info ChrisHall. Appreciate it!

idiakez
04-01-2014, 04:33 AM
Had a good 1 day trip to the state of Malacca in Malaysia.

To and fro manage to clock a distance of 513.6km. 1 thing I realize is that its more fuel saving when I'm traveling on the highway with speeds over 130km/hr and its in SPORTS mode. Once i got into the town area, and the FC(Fuel Consumption) sucks. LOL.

Realize that the bike dried my EO(Engine Oil) and need to top up about 250ml. And also found out the coolant resevoir was also dried up. Got the mechanic to top up for me. Guess I gotta keep a look out more often on these 2 areas.

Anyway, traveling on the highway was great fun. Smooth bike. Current seat is comfortable for me. Got to test the cruise control and it works pretty fine, except that i gotta use my left hand to activate it. And I will definitely get the add on to the screen. Highest point is not enough for me. Wind turbulence still hitting on my helmet and its a nuiscance when traveling at high speed.

Look forward for further travel up to Malaysia and maybe to Thailand some day.

FC Report
Sport Mode towards Malacca(Petrol Station @ Pagoh) - Highway Only
155.6km / 9.6litres = 16.2km/litre

Sport Mode at Malacca town - Mixed of abit highway and mostly city riding
89.0km / 7.0litres = 12.71km

Touring mode back to Singapore - Highway only
214.6km / 11.6litres = 18.40km/litre