PDA

View Full Version : P.A.D.S. system

Vatnehol
01-16-2014, 11:53 PM
Hello good people.
My dealer got bankrupted and i manage to buy the p.a.d.s from them unknowing that i needed a internet line to use it.
i don't have any internet connection where i live due to norwegian stupid taxes the internet companies don't see it profitable to build in my "remote" area.
is there a way to use the p.a.d.s without internet connection ?
if this post is violating forums rules please pm me how to make the p.a.d.s work.

my closest dealer is 8 hours away so i really appreciate if someone could help me get the p.a.d.s working.

did not know where to put this post any moderator is free to move it if they want.

Micah / AF1 Racing
01-17-2014, 09:18 AM
You also need a valid subscription...that is why the net is required but unless the PADS you got has plenty of subscription left it might be a fancy paperweight. I have a DD1200 on my bench today, very poor behavior at low rpm and light throttle on newest mapping with all self learning done...looks like a second demand sensor is going in from new...not a fun job really.

pauldayona
04-12-2014, 12:52 PM
What do you want to do with PADS? For normal service Guzzidiag should do it all. Only when you want to update mappings or do real changes you need pads. Until Guzzidiag can do that too. So without change, as Micah writes you need internet and a subscription. If you have a good dealer connection thay might do that for you, they need to register it as their device and pay for it, and you pay them for that.