PDA

View Full Version : What do you think, stupid idea or not

Curly1965
01-15-2014, 08:57 PM
So here I am in hospital again, not me my son. So anyway I'm here all night with time to think, and the one I keep coming up with is this. If the DD1200 was a test bed for the Caponord and they share the same engine, frame and other bits. My question is would the Cap'nd tank fit the DD in theory it should, would have to sort out the panelling. And is their anybody out there who could computer generate this image cause in my head it works and looks good. Then we'd have a great bike that went further. Any comments even if it's just to say stop being a dick, stupid idea. Enjoy your riding and tell the kids, daddy is coming home

Mr.Dorso
01-15-2014, 09:41 PM
I've got used to the fuel mileage and don't mind it. On the Caponard tank to Doroduro idea maybe buy a Caponard tank & give it a go! Or go into a dealer and see first hand what would be required, try to locate mounting bolts - I don't think the electrical connector and outlet hose would be any different to the Dorsoduro - how much $ would a tank be..!??! Ask the dealer to take off the seat (if it comes off..!?) and you should be able to get the idea of how it's mounted

Locky
01-28-2014, 01:23 PM
I'm a newbie to the Aprilia line but a long time streefighter fan and have built 3 for myself and I'm constantly surprised at what parts you can swap on bikes.I have
a bandit 1200 fighter with parts from a kawi 1200 a busa ect.My point is a bit of common sense and some mech. ap. can see you through most parts swaps especially if there bike from the same brand.